Website St. Constantine International School (SCIS)
St. Constantine's International School (SCIS) is an English-medium, non-denominational, international school.
Accountant Job Vacancy at St. Constantine International School (SCIS) .
Employment Type: Fixed Term Contract
Job Level: Mid-level
Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
St. Constantine’s International School, Tanzania, a member of Round Square, is seeking a Tanzania well reputed, respected and experienced Finance and Accounts oriented personnel.
The Accountant is expected to:
- Promote and contribute to the school’s aims (mission, vision, values, policies).
- Promote a positive school culture which is happy, purposeful and productive.
- Maintain a pleasant, cooperative public relationship with the school community.
- Assist and support staff whenever possible.
- Ensure financial records are accurate and up to date at all times.
- Ensure the school is compliant with all accounting and tax regulations
- Ensure that the accounts team is working effectively and efficiently.
- Undertake daily transactional duties to ensure all payments are done timely and accurately.
- Undertake such other duties as may be reasonably required.
- Oversee the credit control and accounts payable functions of accounting.
- Document financial transactions & Accurate review of financial ledgers and reconciliations.
- Assist to prepare the annual budget and continuous budget management of the school.
- Verify, allocate, post and reconcile transactions
- Produce error-free management accounting reports and present their results on a regular basis as required.
- Prepare financial statements and required reports as per International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSASs)
- Direct internal financial audits to ensure compliance and constant reviews of internal controls and procedures of entity
- Plan, assign and review staff
- Review, implement and improve inventory management and procurement procedures.
- Support month-end and year-end close process towards annual statutory annual audits.
- Communicate with Director of Administration on work status and client issues that arise
- Fixed assets register – to keep accurate electronic records of the fixed assets of SCIS as per normal accounting practices and procedures. This includes keeping a full register in hard copy and checking all inventory items each year to ensure all assets remain in physical form at the premises.
- The Accountant is responsible in ensuring that all EFD receipts are submitted, as appropriate, by suppliers, so as to avoid risk and exposure by external government organization
Work Experience: At least 6 years’ experience in a busy & diverse accounting environment with mid-level management or supervisory role.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy, Accounts and Finance or related field.
- Accountancy Professional Qualification (CPA(T) or ACCA) is a must.
Accountant Job Vacancy at St. Constantine International School (SCIS)
- Thorough knowledge of advanced accounting procedures and principles
- Must respect company confidentiality, rules and regulations
- Conversant with Tanzania Tax Laws and Regulations
- Experience with end year closure processes and preparation of financial statements
- Excellent accounting software(s) knowledge, administration skills
- Honest and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- Communication skills
- Leadership Skills
- Inter-personal skills
- Analytical skills
- Report writing skills
- Team player
Early applications are advised. We reserve the right to appoint a suitable candidate before the closing date of the application.
Applicants will be required to submit a letter of application and CV, together with copies of their education certificates and police clearance to the Director of Administration and Finance, Ms Victoria Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org . On your CV, please include the names and contact email addresses of three professional referees.
St Constantine’s International School is totally committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects the same from its employees. All new staff will be subject to detailed and enhanced pre- employment clearance, including identity checks, criminal background checks for all countries lived in, qualification checks, employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps in employment, and satisfactory reference checks for all employment in the last 5 years.
Due to the expected high volume of applications, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Closing date: 4pm, Friday 19th November, 2022.
Location: Arusha, Tanzania
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com