Website Civic Social Protection Foundation (CSP)
Civic Social Protection Foundation (CSP) is an individual membership organization drawn from different parts of Tanzania who has joined their efforts to fight for equity and equality among all citizens of Tanzania
Civic Social Protection Foundation (CSP) is an individual membership organization drawn from different parts of Tanzania who has joined their efforts to fight for equity and equality among all citizens of Tanzania regardless of their social and economic status.
CSP envisions “A Community which enjoys their rights and social wellbeing in Tanzania” and aspires to attain its vision through “preventing, managing, and overcoming situations that adversely affect people’s wellbeing in Tanzania”.
Civic Social Protection Foundation (CSP) in partnership with Jhpiego is implementing the USAID Afya Yangu RMNCAH project in Mbulu and Simanjiro District Councils. CSP will basically support implementation of community level interventions (SBC, adolescent and youth and gender related activities) to increase the demand for and use of quality integrated RMNCAH services by women and their families. In this case, CSP will work with Community Health Workers (CHWs), Community Health Volunteers (CHVs), Peer Champions (PC) and other community stakeholders to address social and gender norms and inequalities to ultimately improve ability of individuals to practice positive health-seeking and self-care behaviors.
To achieve the above-mentioned aims and objectives, CSP is planning to recruit competent and qualified employees who will support implementation of USAID Afya Yangu RMNCAH in Simanjiro and Mbulu district councils in the following positions.
Adolescence, Sexual and Reproductive Health Officers Vacancies at Civic Social Protection Foundation (CSP) – 2 Positions
Duties and Responsibilities.
The ASRH Project Officers will perform the following duties:
- Work with Girls mentors, Youth health champions, CHW, CHMT and other stakeholders to engage adolescence and young people in provision of Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) information.
- Link adolescents to SRH services at the health facilities.
- Support strengthening Youth life skills through various ways
- Identification of Adolescents and Youth with Sexual and Reproductive Health needs in the communities.
- Conduct Adolescent and Youth counselling and referral to the health facilities for those identified with SRH needs.
- Facilitate establishment of Youth and Adolescent school and out of school clubs where discussions about SRH will be held through.
- Facilitate and guide operationalization of school and out of school clubs/sessions.
- By using SASA! and Power to Girls methodologies Engage GMs/YHCs/CHWs to promote community events and improve uptake of community-based RMNCAH services and AYFHS in targeted Health Facilities.
- To track GMs & YHC’s performances at community level
- Provide Technical assistance to GMs and YHCs during delivery of the AYFHS in targeted communities and health facilities.
- Facilitate community sensitization events and improve uptake of community-based RMNCAH services and AYFHS in targeted HFs e.g. youth bonanzas.
Key qualifications, skills and experience
- University Degree preferably in Sociology, Nursing and midwife and any other related field from reputable institution.
- Master’s in Public health will be an added advantage and will be given high consideration.
- At least 2 years’ experience in the community facilitation and engament in health and/or youth social development.
- Experience in designing and using tools and strategies for supporting Adolescence and Youth in SRH services and life skills development.
- Proven skills and experience in working with local leaders, Community Health Workers and Community Health volunteers in health promotion.
- Strong and committed individuals who can work with minimum supervision and who can meet deadlines.
- Individuals who can travel regularly in the remote areas by public transport and who is willing to work in the remote areas and can comfortably work for and with poor and needy women, children and youth.
- Strong training & facilitation skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken Swahili and English.
- Qualified Women and Youth are highly encouraged to apply
- Indigenous qualified women and Youth from both councils (Simanjiro and Mbulu DC) who are fluent in Local language, conversant in traditions and local structures will highly be given priority.
All positions are attached with attractive renumeration packages to the qualified and selected candidates.
Interested and qualified applicants should forward their applications including cover letter, CV, academic certificates and other relevant supporting documents before or on Friday 16st September 2022 at 16:00 to the following address.
The Board Secretary
Civic Social Protection Foundation (CSP)
Box 515, Babati
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org