Website BRAC International
BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania takes a participatory, community-based, and inclusive approach to designing context-specific, impactful programmes.
Area Supervisor – YEP Job Vacancy at BRAC International
Job Title Area Supervisor – YEP at BRAC
BRAC is an award-winning international non-governmental development organisation, with the vision of a world free from all forms of exploitation and discrimination, where everyone has the opportunity to realise their potential. BRAC is a leader in developing and implementing cost-effective, evidence-based programmes to assist poor and disadvantaged communities in low-income countries, including in conflict-prone and post-disaster settings. It is an organisation of and for the people of the Global South, pioneering new development and social enterprise approaches to equip communities to achieve prosperity. As well as being the world’s biggest NGO by number of staff and people directly reached, BRAC has regularly been ranked the number one NGO in the world by the Geneva-based NGO Advisor, an independent organisation committed to highlighting innovation, impact and governance in the non-profit sector. BRAC retained the top spot in 2020 among the top 500 NGOs for the fifth consecutive year.
BRAC was founded in Bangladesh in 1972 by Sir Fazle Hasan Abed. It started its first programme outside of Bangladesh in Afghanistan in 2002, and has since reached millions of people in 11 countries in Asia and Africa. BRAC has a holistic approach to development that uses a wide array of programmes and social enterprises, including in microfinance, education, health, agriculture, gender and human rights. BRAC believes that every person has inherent potential, and when an enabling environment is created and that potential is unleashed, even the poorest can become agents of positive change in their own lives, for their families and their communities.
BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania is part of a leading development organization that started its operations in 2006 in Tanzania, focusing on thematic areas of Agriculture, Youth and Women Empowerment, Food Security and Livelihood
Job Title: AREA SUPERVISOR
Area Supervisor – YEP at BRAC
Job Location: Dar es Salaam
- To provide overall management and supervision of the youth empowerment projects activities in the field in liaison with other project staff and the target beneficiaries to ensure that the project’s objectives and results are achieved in a timely manner and according to the agreed standards in the project framework and in the grant agreement document. The Area Supervisor will be accountable for planning, implementing, monitoring and quality assurance of the girl empowerment component with a focus on ensuring equitable learning opportunities and outcomes for most vulnerable young girls
Community mobilization and facilitation
- Achieve dissemination of project objectives, priorities and approaches defined within the project among the communities, government and other stakeholders.
- Apply participatory approaches /techniques to facilitate adolescent girls, government and communities in identifying their own problems and development priorities in project activities.
- Facilitate community ownership of project and participation in clubs.
- Ensuring the overall management of procurement, logistics and administration of youth empowerment projects in the area based on BRAC policy
- Collaborate with project staff to implement internal controls systems and resolve day to day issues at field level
- Ensure mentors with the help from adolescent organizers conduct Bi Monthly parent meetings and parenting sessions
Effective project activities delivery based on standards
- Ensure close consultation with street authorities, club leaders, adolescent girls and BRAC`s technical staffs during project implementation
- Ensuring survey, adolescent girls’ selection and club leaders, club house selection according to set criteria
- Ensure adolescent girls’ attendance at clubs to be more than 90%
- Ensure monthly or bimonthly parents and community meeting at club centers are held
- Ensure club materials and equipment are with quality and well maintained to enhance the overall quality of club.
- Maintain the case load of the enrolled adolescent girls at the club centers and ensure adolescent girls are well performing in the centers
- Monitor all project activities closely on regular basis, document and share monitoring reports to Project Manager
- Conduct field visit to club centers by 100% of the work
- Attend staff meetings and develop monthly refresher module for staff
- Effective monitoring the works done by club leaders and adolescent organizers
- Ensuring the recruitment and development of staffs and club leaders
- Appraising job performance of club leaders and adolescent organizers
Coordination, Networking and Advocacy to project
- Establish good working relations with project team, government and stakeholders at districts and regional level
- Participate and organize project meetings and stakeholder meetings at streets and club centers
- Enhance self – empowerment of adolescent girls, parents, and communities in club centers
- Ensure effective advocacy with local authorities at district and regional level, ensure that they are embedded in program delivery
- Linking the adolescent girls under club centers with available services surrounding them
- Adhere to high ethical standards, and comply with all regulations
- Promote and ensure girls/child rights-based programming at field and office level
- Promote and abide by internal policies and procedures including child protection policy and SHE policy.
- Ensuring mandatory reporting of child/girls abuse cases in youth empowerment projects operation
- Promote and facilitate child rights and gender inclusion based on youth empowerment projects at field level
- Ensuring Club Management Committees at youth empowerment projects are fully functional.
- Ensuring all project team and relevant others, including club leaders, parents and project stakeholders are aware and have access to child protection policy, contents and their responsibilities it places on it.
Reports and documentation
- Develop and submit to Project Manager monthly, field progress and ad hock reports in timely manner
- Document well project success stories/ case study/ best practices/ lesson learned and submit to Project Manager
- Ensure and monitor down ward accountability to stakeholders especially adolescent girls and communities including documenting what works for wider sharing across BRAC, government and donor
- Ensuring the project properties are well kept at club centers and office
- Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the programme’s goals on safeguarding implementation.
- Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
- Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place,
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Must have a bachelor degree of gender and Development, Sociology, Social Work, Community Development, Development Studies. Masters of Project Management is an added advantage
- At least 3 years’ practical experience working with NGOs, youth empowerment projects, social / community work related programs.
- Facilitation and coaching of youth related projects
- Knowledge of the youth empowerment projects, youth activities and opportunities, youth policies in Tanzanian and knowledge in ICT
- Strong leadership experience, policy and advocacy, research methodology, learning and child development assessment, material development, community participation and social mobilization
Area Supervisor – YEP Job Vacancy at BRAC International
How to apply:
If you feel you are the right match for the above-mentioned position, please apply by sending your CV and cover letter through email at: firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject “Area Supervisor – YEP”.
Application deadline is 30.09. 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
BRAC is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share the same commitment. We believe every stakeholder and every member of the communities we work with has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation – regardless of age, race, religion, and gender, status as an individual with a disability or ethnic origin. Therefore, our recruitment process includes extensive reference and background checks, self-disclosure of prior issues regarding sexual or other misconduct and criminal records and our values are a part of our Performance Management System.
BRAC is an equal opportunities employer.
Recommended: Read our Job Tips Here to enhance your Application
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com