Website Williamson Diamond Limited (WDL)
Williamson Diamond Limited (WDL) is Tanzania’s only large-scale diamond producer.
Assistant Mine Chief Security Manager- 01 Positions Advertisement
Applicants are invited to apply for the existing position mentioned above.
Position Title: Assistant Mine Chief Security Manager Location: Williamson Diamonds Limited, Mwadui, Shinyanga Grade: D2
Report: Mine Chief Security Manager
Summary: Williamson Diamond Limited (WDL) is Tanzania’s only large-scale diamond producer. The mine is an open pit operation based upon the 146-hectare Mwadui kimberlite pipe, which is one of the world’s largest economic kimberlites. For over 80 years, Williamson Diamond Limited has lived side by side and co-existed peacefully with the communities around Mwadui, while implementing a wide range of development programs for the last ten years, focusing on promoting the lives and livelihoods of the communities surrounding Mwadui Mine Site.
Role Description: Manage daily Security operational duties by coordinating all Security Stakeholders in the Mine, Managing the Compliance on VPSHR, Preparations of all Reports required by Mine Chief Security Manager. Follow up of relevant report writing and logging on CiiMS. Advice the Security Manager and the company on matters relating to security.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Responsible to oversee all security operations duties in a daily basis and reports to the Mine Chief Security Manager
- Responsible to coordinate all Security Stakeholders in the mine.
- Responsible to attend all the meeting in absence of Mine Chief Security Manager.
- Responsible to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Responsible to provide guidance to disciplinary actions to employees within the department.
- Responsible to interpret and apply company policies, procedure or rules.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships and an effective / sound communication system with WDL and in operations of security functions.
- Responsible for liaison and attending meeting prepared / arranged by Social Development Department
- Responsible for liaison as required with TPF regarding cases and Investigation issues.
- Reporting, Monitoring and Evaluation Audit: Ensure that all reports are accurate and complied
- Responsible to compile detailed investigation reports, file and maintain records.
- Responsible to undergo continuous training and development as required.
- Responsible to register, update and maintain the Investigations Module on CiiMS.
- Responsible to compile detailed Criminal Cases Status reports, file and maintain records.
- Other Duties in relation to Security Supervision level.
Minimum Requirements for all applicants:
- Bachelor of Arts in Administration Management OR Bachelor of Laws or its equivalent.
- A minimum of 5 years in security and crime investigations experience in the mining, corporate or business industry.
- Experience in Militia National Service or ex government Security personnel from reliable Institutions experience will be an added advantage.
- Strong technical skills of security functioning systems.
- Proven computer literacy in MS Office/excel and programming.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English/Swahili
Assistant Mine Chief Security Manager Job Vacancy at Williamson Diamond Limited (WDL)
Other required Skills and Competencies:
- Planning, coordinating and prioritizing
- Attentive to details
- Customer relations
- Team Player
Mode of Application
Candidates meeting the requisite qualifications should submit their applications describing how they qualify for the positions. They should also send detailed CV, copies of certificates, three referees, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses before 15th October, 2022 at 16hrs00. Via the following address:
Human Resources Manager,
Williamson Diamonds Ltd,
P 0. Box 23,
Mwadui – Shinyanga.
Or drop the same through the following email, email@example.com
Williamson Diamonds Limited supports the Mineral policy (2009) of Tanzania and is committed to ensure adequate development of local technical capacity to service the mining industry; and to employ local experts available and develop succession plans for Tanzanians to take over expatriate positions. Pre-screening, profile testing, on mine assessments, medical and security clearances form part of the minimum requirement and selection process. Short listed candidates will be required to attend a panel interview. Employment of the successful candidate is subject to passing on mine induction and the aforementioned criteria.
If you do not hear from us after 31st October, 2022 please consider yourself unsuccessful. Williamson Diamonds Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note that Petra Diamonds does not at any time require any form of payment for recruitment purposes. If you are approached in this regard, you should report the incident immediately via one of the following hotlines: Phone Call: +255 28 276 3872+255 767 744 617;
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org