Website Geita Gold Mining Ltd
Geita Gold Mine is an open pit gold mine located in the Geita District of the Geita Region of Tanzania. It is operated by AngloGold Ashanti.
Attendant 3 – Drill and Blast QAQC Job Vacancy at Geita Gold Mining Ltd.
ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of Northwestern Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s Southeast of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Attendant 3 – Drill and Blast QAQC
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time contract
Department: Open Pit Mining
Reporting to: Drill and Blast Supervisor
Number of Positions: Two (2)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
To ensure quality work is delivered in drill and blast activities (drilling, charging, and firing).
- Certificate of Secondary education or above.
- Must have Tanzanian Blasting Certificate.
- GGML is an equal opportunity employer: Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- At least Two (2) years of experience preferably working in drill and blast section or Open Pit Mining environment.
M MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Ensure the area to be charged is properly demarcated.
- Explosive handling – Safely store explosives on bench.
- Dipping of drilled holes to ensure design parameters are achieved.
- Priming of the holes to be charged with bulk explosives.
- Checking initial and final stemming height during the charging process.
- Ensure correct stemming of blast holes.
- Spotting the stemming loader operator as the loader traverses the charged pattern.
- Conduct housekeeping on the charged pattern.
- To assist with the final tie up of the charged pattern.
- Acting as a Blast Guard when required.
- Perform any other related task assigned by supervisor.
- Ability to drive Manual Light Vehicle (LV).
Attendant 3 – Drill and Blast QAQC Job Vacancy at Geita Gold Mining Ltd
MODE OF APPLICATION:
- Please apply by clicking APPLY button below.
- On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources”, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Attendant 3 – Drill and Blast QAQC”
- If you struggle to apply via the link provided, please head over to our website https://www.geitamine.com/en/people/ for a step-by-step guide on how to apply for jobs on our recruitment portal (SuccessFactors).
- You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
- Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
- Applications should reach the above on or before 30th September 2022 at 5:30 Pm
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
NOTE ON COVID-19 PREVENTION:
- Please note when you are invited for interviews, you will be required to present proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (Covid-19 vaccination certificate) or if you are not vaccinated, please go for a Covid-19 test and obtain a 96 – hour valid PCR Covid-19 negative certificate.
- You are also advised to adhere to all recommended prevention measures including proper wearing of face masks and washing or sanitizing your hands before you are allowed through Geita Gold Mine entry points.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com
Recommended: Read our Job Tips Here to enhance your Application
To apply for this job please visit career5.successfactors.eu.