Community Concern of Orphans and Development Association
JOB VACANCIES ANNOUNCEMENT
COCODA Tanzania is a non-governmental organization established in 2000. COCODA’s establishment as its name suggests, resulted from intensifying concern among community members in Tanzania over the surging number of orphans, mainly as a consequence to swelling amount of people infected by HIV and dying from AIDS, majority being adults leaving behind young children without parents. This trend had a negative impact on social and economic development. Hence COCODA Tanzania envisioned offering effective response to the situation through providing education to local community on HIV/ AIDS, supporting orphans and most vulnerable children, providing vocational skills to youth and establishment of small scale income generating groups for community sustainable economy.
Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC) is a global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) which is dedicated to achieving and maintaining HIV epidemic control. It is led by FHI 360 as prime and has a five-year period of performance from April 15, 2019 to April 14, 2024.
EpiC provides strategic technical assistance (TA) and direct service delivery to break through barriers to 95-95-95 and improve HIV case-finding, prevention and linkage to treatment among key and priority populations (PP) at Njombe and Mtwara region. In Njombe region the project is implemented by COCODA in 6 councils (Njombe TC, Njombe DC, Makambako TC, Wanging’ombe DC, Ludewa DC and Makete DC) and Mtwara region the project will be implemented in all 9 councils (Mtwara MC, Mtwara DC, Masasi TC, Masasi DC, Nanyumbu DC, Nanyamba TC, Tandahimba DC, Newala DC and Newala TC) to address critical gaps and bottlenecks in the response to HIV among key and vulnerable populations (KVP) and adolescent girls and young women (AGYW). The EpiC project works closely with the Government of Tanzania (GoT) at national and sub-national levels to deliver HIV and other services tailored to the needs of these groups.
COCODA Tanzania invites competent and motivated applicant to apply for the following positions;
Biomedical Technical Officer (BTO) 2 Position
Location: 1 Njombe Region, 1 Mtwara Region
Reports to: Program Manager
Biomedical Technical Officer (BTO) will be responsible to coordinate the implementation of EPIC Project biomedical services to the assigned council. He/she will work closely with EpiC Central team, RHMT and CHMT to ensure provision of high quality biomedical services including HIVST, PrEP, HTS, Family planning, Screening and referral for STIs, Gender Based Violence and TB. Also, in coordinating linkages and adherence support for HIV care and treatment to clients in their assigned council
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To participate in the Comprehensive Council Health Plans (CCHP) meetings and ensure EPIC activities are included in the respective CCHP.
- Liaise with Community Engagement Officers to map hotspots and develop a directory of all hotspots where beneficiaries are found at the council level.
- Conduct weekly review of the list of index sources developed by service providers and ensure all the providers conduct ethical and safe index testing services
Coordination and Supervision:
- With support from the Project Manager he/she will be responsible to liaise with DMOs office to secure Government biomedical providers who will provide biomedical services at the community level
- Actively participate into development of monthly operation plans in close collaboration with community engagement officers for targeted and focused HTS outreaches to the mapped hotspot areas and reach KVPs
- Assist in organizing training/orientation to biomedical providers to be engaged in EPIC monthly operation plans and maintain the list of Service Providers working with EPIC project.
- Monitor and coordinate community-facility referral and linkages services for health-related services including care and treatment, Family planning, STI & TB screening and treatment, and GBV services
- Liaise with DACC and the DMO office to obtain commodities, supplies and government M&E Tools for Biomedical services.
- Supervise biomedical providers and ensure monthly planned activities are implemented and all Service Providers are reaching their allotted targets with fidelity.
- Provide technical support and mentorship to the biomedical services providers within the assigned districts in order to ensure they meet standard of performance as per the government guidelines and project SOPs
- Work closely with the CHMT members in performance monitoring, joint supportive field supervision at the site/council level and ensure the outcomes of the visits clearly documented and recommendations implemented.
- Jointly work with facility implementing partners at the council level to develop a sound Bi-directional referral network
- Ensure all service providers properly fill all required National and Project M&E tools and timely submission of service reports appropriately, including monthly summary reports to the catchment health facilities.
- Ensure council service providers are reporting their daily performance through WhatsApp groups and other agreed channels for real time data.
- Develop and timely share daily/weekly updates and monthly reports for all biomedical services
Biomedical Technical Officer (BTO) Job Vacancies at COCODA – 2 Positions
Qualification and experience
- At least 2-5 years’ experience working in KVP-focused, HIV/AIDS Community projects.
- A certified clinician/nurse officer with good experience in HIV/AIDS programs, a sounding knowledge on HIV/AIDS care and treatment.
- Possessing a medical degree will be an added advantage.
- A good team player with demonstrated skills and experience in leading and coaching the team.
- Ability to network and maintain professional relationship with the LGAs and other stakeholders at the Council level.
- Excellent written, presentation, communication and organizational skills in both English and Kiswahili
- Good understanding of council level healthcare system
- Flexible to work beyond normal working hours.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates are required to mention the ‘Position Title’ on the subject line of the e-mail. All applicants MUST attach cover letter and their updated Curriculum Vitae with certified copies of academic certificates as supporting documents to their applications. All applications should be submitted not later than 16:00 Pm on 19th September 2022 by email, to: email@example.com.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Warning: Please avoid deception agents, COCODA charges no cost for any job position advertised. COCODA enhances equal opportunity to all qualified candidates.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org