Website Rafiki Social Development Organization
Rafiki Social Development Organization is a development and advocacy Non-Governmental and Non-profit making Organization.
Biomedical Technical Officer Job Vacancy at Rafiki Social Development Organization
NEW JOB ADVERTISEMENT
Rafiki Social Development Organization is a development and advocacy Non-Governmental and Non-profit making Organization working with Children, Youth, Marginalized and Vulnerable groups, families and their communities to reach their full potential by advocating for their rights and tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. The Organization was established in January 2005 and registered under the NGO Act of 2002, issued with a registration number No.00NGO/00006336 to operate in Tanzania Mainland.
Currently Rafiki-SDO is implementing projects in 5 regions and 14 Councils in Tanzania mainland including Shinyanga, Geita, Kigoma, Rukwa, and Mara regions and funded by different donors.
Since 2009, Rafiki-SDO has been working to improve access of youth friendly services and reproductive health services targeting youth and adolescents in school settings, community members and key and vulnerable population whilst promoting child protection, child participation in matters that affect their life, livelihood strengthening, and social behavioural change communication awareness to communities. RafikiSDO facilitates positive parenting skills education, prevention of HIV/AIDS through promoting of HIV testing referrals and linkage to services including health and social welfare.
Rafiki-SDO Headquarter Shinyanga wishes to recruit qualified, experienced, motivated and dynamic individuals to facilitate smooth implementation of EpiC project which is funded by USAID through FHI360 in Shinyanga Municipal Council and Shinyanga District Council with the aim of address critical gaps and bottlenecks in the response to HIV among key and vulnerable populations (KVP) and adolescent girls and young women (AGYW). Positions are as follows:-
Job Title: Biomedical Technical Officer – (1 POST)
Office location: Shinyanga region
Work station: Shinyanga District Council Reporting to: Program Manager
Duration:1Year /renewable (full time)
Salary: Attractive package
The incumbent will be responsible to coordinate the implementation of Epic project activities in Shinyanga MC
& Shinyanga DC. S/He will work closely with R/CHMTS, Rafiki-SDO and Fhi360 team to ensure high quality CBHTC+, HIVST, PrEP and index testing services (HIV counseling and testing, family planning services, screening and referral for STIs, gender-based violence, TB, alcohol and drug use, linkages and adherence support for HP care and treatment to clients in their assigned region.
- Work with Rafiki-SDO and Fhi360 regional team to develop regional level activities to be included in the EpiC Annual Work plan.
- Liaise with peer educators to map hotspots and develop a directory of all hotspots where beneficiaries are found at the district level
- Conduct weekly review of the list of indexes developed by service providers and ensure all the providers conducting index testing have a useable index list
- With the close support from Rafiki-SDO manager and Fhi-360 Biomedical Technical Officer and selected CHMT members, lead the district team to develop monthly Operational Plans/Route plans and monthly budget
- Proactively participate in the Comprehensive Council Health Plans (CCHP) meetings and ensure EpiC activities are included in the respective CCHP
Coordination and Supervision;
- Liaise with the DMO office to obtain the list of Government and Non-government Nurse Counselors to provide biomedical services at the community level in the respective district
- Organize the training/orientation to selected government and non-government providers to be engaged in EpiC project activities and maintain the list of Service Providers working with EpiC.
- Liaise with DACC and the DMO office to obtain commodities, supplies and government registers for HTS and family planning services
- Supervise the district team and ensure monthly planned activities implemented and all Service Providers are reaching their daily and monthly targets. Provide technical support and mentorship to the team to ensure they meet standard of performance as per the government guidelines and project SOPs
- Work closely with the Biomedical Technical Officer and CHMT members to conduct joint supportive field supervision at the district level and ensure the outcomes of the visits clearly documented and recommendations implemented.
- Jointly work with facility implementing partners at the district level to develop a sound referral network from the community to facility and facility to community to ensure all clients identified at the community level linked to facility and all LTFU clients from the facility are traced and linked back to treatment.
- Liaise with LGA, Implementing Partners and other stakeholders and attend meetings as the representative of EpiC project at the district level.
- Ensure all service providers are properly filling government registers as per the SOPs
- Ensure district service providers are reporting their daily performance through agreed channels.
- Prepare and submit monthly reports to the LGAs and ensure all the filled registers are kept at the facility level
- Participate in biweekly data review meetings with Facility Partners
- Develop monthly, Quarterly and Annual reports
Biomedical Technical Officer Job Vacancy at Rafiki Social Development Organization
Qualifications and experience:
- Clinical degree (nurse, physician) with 3 to 5 years in provision of community-based biomedical and demand generation services to KVP and AGYW
- Knowledge of health and development programs in Tanzania including familiarity with relevant national guidelines, standards and protocols. Familiarity with the public health sector at regional, district and council level and experience working with these teams.
- Experience implementing HIV/AIDS programs at community level in Tanzania; familiarity and experience with USAID/PEPFAR-funded programs.
- Experience in programs serving KVP and AGYW. Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and sound understanding of the needs of KVP and AGYW.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication.
- Well-developed computer skills
- At least 3 years demonstrated experience working in areas of biomedical HIV prevention including for KVP: HIV care and treatment (required), HIV counseling and testing services, and Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH).
HOW TO APPLY:
If you believe you are the ideal person we are looking for, please submit your application letter to Executive Director, Rafiki-SDO, P.O.BOX 2078, SHINYANGA. Describing why you are the right candidate for this position, curriculum vitae detailing your experience, copy of educational certificates and three (3) professional referees from previous and current place of employment. Please send the application to firstname.lastname@example.org , via Postal or by hand at Rafiki-SDO Shinyanga, Ndembezi ward near Ngokolo RC church.
NOTE: For those who applying through email, should indicate the position title in email subject line. Rafiki-SDO will review the applications sent to the official e-mail address, Postal and application which will be submitted to Rafiki-SDO office. The closing date for the applications will be Wednesday, 14 September,2022, 17:00 PM.
Rafiki-SDO will not refund any costs incurred by any applicant in preparation for this application. This includes, but is not limited to, costs for submitting an application and other communications related to the application. Rafiki-SDO will inform only those successful candidates. Consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear back from Rafiki-SDO two weeks from the date of release of this Job advert. Thank you for your interest in Rafiki-SDO work in Tanzania and for supporting national initiatives to saving lives and improve health for people affected by poverty or disaster so they can reach their full potential.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Recommended: Read our Job Tips Here to enhance your Application
To learn more about Rafiki-SDO visit: www.rafikisdo.or.tz