Sanlam is a South African financial services group headquartered in Bellville, Western Cape, South Africa.
Business Reporting Analyst Job Vacancy at Sanlam – South Africa
What will you do?
Support and understand the strategic value of effective business intelligence and management performance and insights reporting/dashboards within the business
Lead driver of the establishment of strategic reporting capability within Sanlam Corporate, through implementation and management of Data & information gathering, cleaning and reporting processes and standards; as well as keen understanding and resolution of data and information quality issues presented in databases, dataflows, integration, business processes, reports, UIs, and Dashboards – to ensure consistently valid, accurate and complete business reporting.
- End-to-end responsible for sourcing and transforming a wide range of data across the business into reporting/dashboard formats that can be used by management, and other audiences to track strategic performance and develop differentiating business insights
- Work closely with, and act as reporting liaison between business leads and reporting requestors (Exco; Group; Compliance; etc.) in driving efficient and effective management reporting across Sanlam Corporate
- Acquire data from various data sources and combine & transform data into interpretable datasets, reports or dashboards
- Interpret data, analyse results using analytical techniques and provide reports and/or dashboards
- Establish consistently efficient, valid, accurate and complete processes for making use of data to answer key questions about the business
- Own and maintain dashboards, ongoing reporting, and ad hoc requests for Sanlam Corporate
- Process, cleanse and verify the integrity of data used for business analysis, insights and reporting. Analyse, investigate & troubleshoot information integrity issues and devise solutions in line with defined Sanlam best practice.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques
- Lead reporting requirements gathering workshops, as well as collaboration with internal and external stakeholders to analyse and consolidate business reporting needs, functional requirements and business processes
- Provides problem solving assistance and coaching to business, and drive business value-add business reporting culture
- Provide technical guidance and leadership within business change initiatives, ensuring that business requirements and subsequent development activities are supported by valid, accurate and complete benefits tracking reporting.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree; National Diploma in Information systems; Data Science; Commerce; Engineering or equivalent
- Functional experience in analytics, data visualisation and reporting packages
- 2 – 5 years related experience in business intelligence/MIS/analysis and reporting work is essential
- Demonstrated experience in working with, and managing large data sets, in various data sources and databases is essential
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent Analytical & Time Management skills
- Excellent Report writing and Presentation skills
- Cultivates innovation
- Strong business stakeholder engagement skills and ability to translate business requirements
- Employee-benefits related product exposure is advantageous
- Financial services industry exposure is advantageous
- Agility with Leading & being leader-led
- Structured and results driven
- Problem-solving & attention to detail
- Accountable & Focused
- Great Communication and Conflict Management
- Collaborative & Team Player
- Self-mastery & Change Adaptive
- Cultivates Innovation by creating new and better ways for the organisation to be successful.
- Client Focus – Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Drives Results – Consistently achieving results and meets deadlines, even under tough circumstances.
- Collaborates – Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Resilience – Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
Business Reporting Analyst Job Vacancy Job Vacancy at Sanlam – South Africa
The shortlisting process will only start once the application due date has been reached. The time taken to complete this process will depend on how far you progress and the availability of managers.
Our commitment to transformation
The Sanlam Group is committed to transformation and embracing diversity and our employment equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse workplace with employment equity as a key goal to create an inclusive workforce, representative of the demographics of our society as well as people with disabilities.
To apply for this job please visit careers.sanlamcloud.co.za.