Website TAHA Fresh Handling Ltd
TAHAFresh is a premier logistics services provider in Tanzania. Established in 2008
POSITION: Clearing & Forwarding Officer
TAHAFresh Handling Ltd is premier logistics service provider in Tanzania. Established in 2008, TAHAFresh has become a one stop center for logistics service which are tailored to its customer’s needs. The company has evolved from horticulture cargo handling to integrated logistics services covering airfreight and sea/ocean freight forwarding, trucking, customs clearing and forwarding as well as insurance. TAHAFresh is looking for a highly motivated and talented young personnel from all over Tanzania to join our team of experienced and motivated professionals in Zanzibar. The incumbent candidate will be based in Zanzibar(Unguja)and will be responsible for the following;
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive inquiries from customers and advise on document requirements for clearing consignments both, imports and exports. Informs / notifies the client of any changes with ZRA/TRA systems and customs regulations.
- Ensure that customs documentations for Clearing & Forwarding are well managed.
- Overseeing Clearing and Forwarding process to ensure the clients goods get to them in a timely manner and communicate any obstacles in the clearing process to the client.
- Ensure that Accounts Department advice clients on the correct amount as per consignment by declaring and registering export entries on time.
- Ensure that there is close follow up of documentation for both import and export, to avoid late documentation charges or storage charges.
- Assist in negotiating rates and providing quotations to clients.
- Ensuring proper storage of import documentation such as certificates, PVoC, customs bonds and others.
- Follow up on correspondences between various statutory bodies and other bodies including ZRA/TRA. Make sure that all taxes are payable to ZRA/TRA.
- Ensure there is development of relationships with other industry players, customers and Government bodies.
- Prepare daily progress report and submit to supervisor and the GM.
- Any other duty as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications and Requirements
- A Degree or Diploma in Clearing & Forwarding from reputable training institution.
- Strong, attention to details, good analytical skills, ability to multi-task and high level of integrity, self-driven, innovative, problem solvers, willing to learn, good timekeeper.
- Computer literacy with excellent knowledge of MS Office.
- Excellent communication skills, Proficiency in spoken and written English and Swahili.
- Below 35 years of age.
- Previous field/internship/working experience in a similar assignment is an added advantage.
- Knowledge on TANCIS and ASYCUDA is required.
- Experiences of working in Zanzibar in the same field with Zanzibar resident identity will also be an added advantage.
Clearing & Forwarding Officer Job Vacancy at TAHA Fresh Handling Ltd
How to Apply
Please submit your Cover letter describing your interest, CV with names and telephone contacts of at least three referees and copies of relevant certificates to; email: email@example.com.
The application deadline is 15th September,2023 and ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES SHALL BE CONTACTED.
Human Resource Manager TAHAFresh Handling Limited Kanisa Road, House No. 5 P. 0. Box 16520, Arusha.
Tel:+255 752 630 631
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org