Website Colleges and Institutes Canada , Tanzania
CICan is the voice of Canada’s colleges and institutes, at home and abroad, on a variety of priority topics.
Communications and Logistics Officer (female) Job Vacancy at Colleges and Institutes Canada , Tanzania
Colleges and Institutes Canada, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania Empowerment through Skills Program Communications and Logistics Officer
Title: Communications and Logistics Officer
Supervisor: Senior Technical Advisor, Program Manager in collaboration with the Senior Technical Advisor, Gender
Location: ESP Field Office, Dar es Salaam
Start Date: December 1, 2022
Colleges and Institutes Canada (CICan) is implementing the Empowerment through Skills Program (ESP) in Tanzania in close collaboration with the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology (MoEST) through the Department of Technical and Vocational Education and Training (DTVET).
ESP is a 7-year (2021-2028) program funded by the Government of Canada which will support the development and delivery of skills training programs that benefit women and adolescent girls working in the informal and formal economies throughout the country. By providing community-based and institution-based training programs at Folk Development Colleges (FDCs) and Community-Based Organizations (CBOs) across 12 communities, and by strengthening the financial, counselling, and family support systems women and adolescent girls need to be successful in key growth sectors, it will lead to social and economic empowerment.
ESP’s ultimate outcome is: Improved economic participation by women and adolescent girls in Tanzania.
The ESP Communications and Logistic Officer will support and assist ESP with visibility on social media and other platforms, the development of communication products and publications, the production of high-quality multimedia information products and visual assets, and the planning and logistics associated with workshops and events.
The Communications and Logistics Officer will assist with ESPs communications and logistics activities in Tanzania in order to assist the Manager of Operations, STAs and partnerships with the preparation, review and distribution of media and promotional releases to ESP stakeholders and wider audiences in accordance with approved Global Affairs Canada and CICan standards and protocols and consequently the promotion of ESP’s visibility on social media and other platforms.
- Implementation of the ESP Communication Strategy;
- Development of communication products and publications as well as lead the production of high-quality multimedia information products and publications and visual assets;
- Sensitively handling communications requests coming from CICan, Global Affairs Canada, and other partners;
- Managing social media and working with other staff on newsletters/digital briefs and communications products/promotional materials;
- Providing advice and analysis of the promotional context and advice to support ESP’s visibility in Tanzania;
- Planning, organizing, and participating in events or meetings organised on various topical themes that relate to ESP communications activities;
- Working closely with CICan and its partners to achieve effective visibility and recognition of ESP’s impact; and
- Provide mentoring and training with respect to the gathering, writing and communication of media releases to the ESP Partnership Support Coordinators responsible for the selected Folk Development Colleges (FDCs) and the selected Community Based Organizations (CBOs)
The Communications and Logistics Officer is expected to work closely and collaboratively with all other Tanzanian and Canadian-based program staff.
The position is expected to involve some travel within Tanzania.
Specific Job Responsibilities
Reporting to the Senior Technical Advisor (STA), the Communications and Logistics Officer will be responsible for all requests coming from Colleges and Institutes Canada, Global Affairs Canada, and other ESP partners, including visibility on social media, managing a Facebook page and working with the other staff on newsletters/digital briefs. In addition, the Communications and Logistics Officer will conduct analysis of the promotional context and advice to support ESP’s visibility in Tanzania. The Communications and Logistics Officer will also participate in events or meetings organised on various topical themes that relate to ESP and will work closely with CICan and its partners to achieve effective visibility and recognition of ESP’s impact. The Communications and Logistics officer will assist the Finance & Administration Officer and the ESP field team with the planning, organizing and logistics for workshops, events and meetings.
Social Media and Communication Tools
- Manage ESP’s presence in social media and develop social media accounts, i.e., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other project communication tools and social media platforms that focus on content creation, basic online graphics and development of products and messages for public access and online
- Write brief social media messages with corresponding links and source appropriate images for
- Provide analytics, identify trends, and develop creative
- Write biannual project newsletter and share with stakeholders through a variety of media
- Develop short videos or assist in short videos documentary production for posting on
CICan YouTube channel.
- Monitor designated websites of ESP partners and stakeholders and related local
- Work closely with the STAs to provide communication and media support to project- level and partnership events/workshops/meetings and conferences and arrange for media
- Engage in media calls and prepare press
- Take, edit, and post photos and
- Update media contact
- Prepare event specific media monitoring
- Gather content from the
- Work with ESP staff and partners to undertakes field visits and to gather and write impact stories/success stories/case
- Support and coordinate photography and videography activities for field
- Gather stories/interviews from implementing partners and beneficiaries via field visits at the discretion of the
- Produce stories from the field that reflect ESP’s reach and impact with a gender equality and women empowerment
- Prepare content for use in other publications including biannual and annual reports, e-newsletters and brochures and
- Finalize and implement an effective and innovative communications strategy to enhance ESP’s profile in Tanzania.
- Review and assess ESP project communications activities using indicators established by the overall communications
- Highlight successes, challenges, and
- Synthesize journalist participation and press
- Pitch potential stories or identify gaps in content based on field work and
- Support coordination of regular briefings with CICan
- Develop a contact database for communicating project activities and results to
- Build and maintain a library of all photos and videos for ESP, a database with photos and videos taken during events, which can be easily found by date, events, names of participants or other functional types of
- Participate in various meetings with partners and stakeholders to help ensure the strategic positioning and visibility of
- Share communication tools with partners to extend reach and to ensure consistency of
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned from time to
Logistics for workshops, events and meetings
- Plan, organize and provide administrative and logistical support for ESP workshops, events, and
- Coordinate field visits for program staff and
- Book travel for program staff and
Communications and Logistics Officer (female) Job Vacancy at Colleges and Institutes Canada , Tanzania
Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
- Tanzanian citizen or legally permitted to work in
Note: CICan will not provide a work permit or sponsor individuals.
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Communications, Media Studies)
- Fully fluent in English and Kiswahili; excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Kiswahili.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across
- 3-5 years of related public relations, public outreach, or communications
- Good knowledge of concepts and issues related to Gender Equality, Human Rights and the empowerment of women, adolescent girls and teenage mothers in
- Demonstrated experience in planning and organizing workshops, events, and
- Demonstrated experience in drafting, producing and editing written products such as news/blog articles, reports, fact sheets, speeches, success stories, Impact / Stories of Change, and press
- Expertise in using social media and other media platforms including drafting and sharing messages on Twitter, Facebook,
- Expertise in photography and videography with demonstrated editing and production
- Graphic design experience is highly
- Experience conducting interviews with government officials, project partners, and community members especially women and adolescent girls, in English and
- Proven ability to work collaboratively, participatively, and inclusively with a wide range of stakeholders in the community, government, and
- Demonstrated punctuality, attention to detail, professionalism, patience, good humor, and an overall outgoing and positive
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills, exhibiting grace under
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities
- Familiar with development cooperation and working with international organizations and
- Demonstrated experience working with an international
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively on a
- Excellent ICT skills including a high level of proficiency with using the Internet, MS Office applications (Word, Power Point, Excel, and Outlook), communication platforms such as Microsoft Teams and Zoom, social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, and Instagram, graphic design apps such as Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively on a team
- Attention to detail and
- Ability to prioritize and organize work effectively and efficiently under pressure and tight
- Professional maturity, sensitivity with diverse cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify the CICan’s
Agility: We thrive in a complex environment that requires nimbleness and adaptability, and we anticipate and respond to changes with quick and resourceful actions.
Inspiring others: We motivate individuals to strive for excellence and commit to common goals and purposes, as we create a sense of self-efficacy, resilience, and persistence in others.
Integrity: We treat others fairly and respectfully, and we further the standing of the organization and its relationships of trust with our members and other stakeholders.
- All interested applicants are asked to submit their application with a cover letter by Monday September 30, 2022 to the following email address: email@example.com with Communications and Logistics Officer as the email
- The application should include: a Curriculum Vitae (CV), copies of relevant educational certificates and professional license/s; and name, physical addresses, and contact details of three reference who can comment on personal conduct and previous work
- Due to the integral gender sensitive nature of the project, applicants must be female.
- The monthly salary for the position will be negotiated and includes a generous benefits package (i.e., comprehensive medical insurance, travel allowance; annual leave, sick leave, ).
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org