Community Concern of Orphans and Development Association
JOB VACANCIES ANNOUNCEMENT
COCODA Tanzania is a non-governmental organization established in 2000. COCODA’s establishment as its name suggests, resulted from intensifying concern among community members in Tanzania over the surging number of orphans, mainly as a consequence to swelling amount of people infected by HIV and dying from AIDS, majority being adults leaving behind young children without parents. This trend had a negative impact on social and economic development. Hence COCODA Tanzania envisioned offering effective response to the situation through providing education to local community on HIV/ AIDS, supporting orphans and most vulnerable children, providing vocational skills to youth and establishment of small scale income generating groups for community sustainable economy.
Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC) is a global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) which is dedicated to achieving and maintaining HIV epidemic control. It is led by FHI 360 as prime and has a five-year period of performance from April 15, 2019 to April 14, 2024.
EpiC provides strategic technical assistance (TA) and direct service delivery to break through barriers to 95-95-95 and improve HIV case-finding, prevention and linkage to treatment among key and priority populations (PP) at Njombe and Mtwara region. In Njombe region the project is implemented by COCODA in 6 councils (Njombe TC, Njombe DC, Makambako TC, Wanging’ombe DC, Ludewa DC and Makete DC) and Mtwara region the project will be implemented in all 9 councils (Mtwara MC, Mtwara DC, Masasi TC, Masasi DC, Nanyumbu DC, Nanyamba TC, Tandahimba DC, Newala DC and Newala TC) to address critical gaps and bottlenecks in the response to HIV among key and vulnerable populations (KVP) and adolescent girls and young women (AGYW). The EpiC project works closely with the Government of Tanzania (GoT) at national and sub-national levels to deliver HIV and other services tailored to the needs of these groups.
COCODA Tanzania invites competent and motivated applicant to apply for the following positions;
Data Officer: 2 Positions
Reports to: M&E officer
Location: 1 Njombe Region, 1 Mtwara Region
Roles & Responsibilities
The data clerks will be expected to perform the following data duties;
- Enter all Community engagement and biomedical data on a program database on daily bases.
- Ensure that all files are arranged in a convenient system so that they can be retrieved quickly.
- Master all M&E tools and provide orientation to project staff for proper data monitoring to ensure good quality data are collected
- Provide on job training on data management to Peer Educators and Providers
- Ensure that files and other documents are stored safely and well arranged in an organized manner.
- Ensure that data room is always clean and free of dust and other harmful materials.
- Coordinate with M & E Officer to ensure the quality of data.
- Prepare and send appropriate data reports to USAID EPIC regional office as per official requirements.
- Receive data tools from Peer Educators and Health providers for proper compilation, organization and storage.
Data Officer Job Vacancies at COCODA – 2 Positions
Qualification and experience
- Degree/diploma in records management/or any related field.
- Proven experiences as data entry clerk.
- Fast typing skills.
- Excellent knowledge of word processing tools and spreadsheet (MS Office Excel, Word etc.)
- Basic understanding of databases.
- High level of confidentiality.
- Organizational skills.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates are required to mention the ‘Position Title’ on the subject line of the e-mail. All applicants MUST attach cover letter and their updated Curriculum Vitae with certified copies of academic certificates as supporting documents to their applications. All applications should be submitted not later than 16:00 Pm on 19th September 2022 by email, to: email@example.com.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Warning: Please avoid deception agents, COCODA charges no cost for any job position advertised. COCODA enhances equal opportunity to all qualified candidates.
Read Also: A Guide to Writing Great Cover Letters
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org