Tanzania Home Economics Association (TAHEA) is a Professional National Non-Government Organization (NGO's) founded in March, 1980.
Data Officer Job Vacancy at TAHEA
TANZANIA HOME ECONOMICS ASSOCIATION (TAHEA)
Tanzania Home Economics Association (TAHEA) is a national professional organization of nutritionists, home economics, agriculturists and other related social science professionals.
TAHEA envisions ‘A democratic society with better living Conditions’; with the Mission to improve the socio-economic conditions of the society through advocacy and capacity building on agriculture, food and nutrition, health and environment in collaboration with other stakeholders.
TAHEA implements the ‘Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC) project in Dodoma Region.
EpiC is a 5 years’ global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), dedicated to achieving and maintaining HIV epidemic control. In Tanzania, EpiC implements an HIV service delivery project among key and priority populations, such as adolescent girls and young women; female sex workers, Men at risks and orphans and vulnerable children which aims to reduce HIV infections in pursuit of reaching 95-95-95 goals. To achieve this goal, the program supports targeted prevention and case-finding strategies at the community level amongst the targeted populations.
TAHEA is seeking qualified candidates to immediately fill the following vacancies: –
Job Title: Data Officer (1 Post)
Duty Station: Any of the District Councils of Dodoma Region
Reporting to: Data Manager
3.1 Main duties and Responsibilities
- Support Data Manager to conduct project data entry for HIV Testing services, Family planning, Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP), Tuber Tuberculosis (TB) and Sexual Transmission Diseases (STD) into designated database.
- Perform routine data review and collection data for all project indicators from catchment health facilities.
- Support the assessment of quality of primary source data through checking the completeness, precision, validity and timeliness of data reports.
- Work closely with peer educators (PEs), peer navigators (PNs) and community health workers (CHWs) at community level to support collection and reporting of data.
- Assist the Data Manager in keeping records of all the data reports collected from field activities.
- Support Data Manager to conduct periodic verification and routine data quality (RDQA) assessment at facilities and council level to ensure data quality at all times
- Offer on-job training i.e. (data management, M&E tool recording and uses) to staff and community workers i.e. PE, PN and CHWs.
- Ensure all data (primary and secondary) are securely collected, organized and kept in accordance/ compliance with national data management and confidentiality guidelines.
- Ensuring data quality through review of completed reporting tools submitted to custody offices by field officers and other project affiliates.
- Ensure that files and other documents are stored safely and well arranged in an organized manner.
- Performs other related tasks as required by the organization.
3.2 Education and Experience:
- At least a Diploma in Information Technology, sociology, community development or equivalent. Additional training in Monitoring and Evaluation, community mobilization, counseling is of added advantages.
- At least 1 year demonstrated experience working in monitoring and evaluation activities related to health/ HIV prevention, Care and Treatment Programming.
- Knowledge of health and development programs in Tanzania including familiarity with the national KVP, youth and gender guidelines, standards and protocols.
- Experience in programs serving KVP and addressing gender norms. Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and sound understanding of the needs of KVP and other vulnerable groups.
- Experience in working with LGA, NGOs, CBOs and health facilities to implement public health projects, especially those working with vulnerable populations.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication.
- Well-developed computer skills.
- Fluent in speaking and writing English and Swahili.
Data Officer Job Vacancy at TAHEA
- Ability to build relationship with Key Vulnerable Populations (KVP) groups at community levels.
Method of Application & Instructions:
- Applications are to be lodged through email: email@example.com
- Candidates are required to mention the ‘Position Title’ on the subject line of the e-mail.
- All applicants MUST attach a cover letter and their updated Curriculum Vitae with certified copies of academic certificates in ONE file (PDF Format) as supporting documents to their applications, applications made in multiple zipped folders will not be considered.
- Phone calls are not allowed during the solicitation process.
- Shortlisting and interviews will be done on rolling basis.
- All applications should be submitted not later than 16:00 HRS on Wednesday, 8th November, 2023