- Full Time
- Dar es Salaam
Website Watu Credit
WATU is a focus-driven, customer-centric company that believes everyone deserves the opportunity to be an entrepreneur and achieve their ambitious goals in life.
Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania, United Republic of
The Digital Marketing and Communications Officer coordinates Watu’s digital/social media activity while supporting the Communications Lead and the Brand team on various branding, communications and marketing projects.
This new position is a key support role in the busy Communications team, liaising with departments across the organization to ensure all our branding, communications and marketing are delivered to a high standard on various platforms.
The Communications team (under the Brand) is responsible for all external communications for the organization, including marketing and print materials, PR, website and social media.
Social media/ digital marketing
- Lead on creating content with the Content Creator for social media for existing and new product lines.
- Work with the Communications Lead and other core teams (Watu Gari, Watu Simu, Watu Shule, etc.) to plan and deliver digital and social media campaigns.
- Work with the Creative team to design the content for all platforms.
- Schedule and post content across Watu’s social media channels (including the global page and various product lines) to support branding, communications and marketing objectives.
- Conduct paid media initiatives with appropriate timelines and budgets based on broader strategy.
- Monitor digital platforms consistently and work with the Customer Care team and/or other departments to process queries/ issues per the strategy and escalate as necessary.
- Proactively suggest ways Watu’s social channels could work more effectively.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of social media, including reporting on analytics and ensuring all insights are shared with the Communications Lead.
- Identify digital trends and evaluate how they can be used to evolve and optimize Watu’s communications strategy.
- Maintain and update the website with appropriate content in a timely manner.
- Support the Communications Lead and the rest of the Brand team on various branding and communications initiatives across various countries & channels.
- Ensure style, brand guidelines, brief process, and compliance policies are always adhered to.
- Ensure planned objectives and targets are met.
- Proactively contribute to team meetings and activities.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the brand team.
- BA in Marketing, Mass Communications or relevant field.
- At least two three (3) years of experience in a similar digital marketing or communications role.
- Proven track record of success in digital marketing or communications.
- Experience using Google Suite products – Google Docs/ Sheets/ Slides, Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, and Google Search Console, Mail chimp.
- Extreme Organizational & Multitasking skills
- Detail-oriented and strong analytical skills.
- Fluently speaks and writes both English and Kiswahili.
- Independent and innovative mindset
- Excellent copywriting and editorial skills.
- Great interpersonal skills and ability to work with a team.
Digital Marketing & Communications Officer Job Vacancy at Watu Credit
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Be a part of an international, dynamic and driven team that has set their aspirations high and work hard to achieve those
- Opportunities to learn and grow together with us
- Competitive compensation package
- Health benefits
Do you see yourself being part of the WATU team? Then please apply with your CV and a cover letter, we are looking forward to working with you!
Recommended: Read our Job Tips Here to enhance your Application
To apply for this job please visit watu.applytojob.com.