The United Nations Population Fund
The Driver provides reliable and safe driving services to the Representative, Deputy Representative, high-ranking UN officials and visitors.
You will report to the Operations Manager/ Operations Specialist.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s strategic plan (2022-2025), reaffirms the relevance of the current strategic direction of UNFPA and focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices. These results capture our strategic commitments on accelerating progress towards realizing the ICPD and SDGs in the Decade of Action leading up to 2030. Our strategic plan calls upon UN Member States, organizations and individuals to “build forward better”, while addressing the negative impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic on women’s and girls’ access to sexual and reproductive health and reproductive rights, recover lost gains and realize our goals.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
Providing reliable and safe driving services, you will uphold the highest standards of discretion and integrity; have a deep sense of responsibility, and excellent knowledge of protocol and security issues. You will demonstrate a client-oriented approach, courtesy, tact and ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
You would be responsible for:
- Providing reliable and safe driving services by; driving office vehicles for the transport of UNFPA staff, officials and visitors; delivery and collection of mail and documentation; meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport, including managing visa and customs formalities when required;
- Keeping abreast of traffic and road and security and safety awareness to enable safe and on time arrival for meetings;
- Managing all aspects of vehicle maintenance; conducting minor repairs and cleaning; arranging for major repairs and service to ensure vehicle kept in good running condition; keeping daily vehicle logs; and assisting in the preparation of vehicle maintenance plans and history reports;
- Keeping track of insurance and tax formalities;
- Acting as a translator in local language for official passengers, where necessary;
- Guiding and coaching junior drivers as appropriate;
- Assisting CO staff with general administrative duties as required.
Driver, GS-2 Job Vacancy at UNFPA
Qualifications and Experience:
Completed Secondary Level Education.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Valid driver’s license.
- Three years’ work experience as a driver in an international organisation, embassy or UN system with a safe driving record.
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations, chauffeur protocol and courtesies, and local roads and conditions, and defensive driving skills.
- Skill in minor vehicle repairs.
Basic knowledge of the official UN language of the duty station.
Recommended: Read our Job Tips Here to enhance your Application
To apply for this job please visit estm.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com.