Website Médecins Sans Frontières
MSF is an international, independent organisation.
Driver Job Vacancy at Médecins Sans Frontière
Direct Reports: BASE AND FACILITIES OFFICER
Location: LIWALE – LINDI
Performing the tasks of transporting authorized goods and passengers in an MSF vehicle, ensuring its technical and safety conditions and respecting the country’s traffic rules and MSF security rules, in order to provide a safe, smooth and efficient service.
- Checking daily, the technical conditions of the assigned vehicle (state of the tires, oil, fuel, brakes, radio equipment, spare parts, etc.), performing weekly check according to the MSF Logbook, refilling it when necessary, and keeping it clean to ensure it can be driven in perfect conditions. Carrying out a hand over if another uses the vehicle
- Ensuring the security of passengers in the vehicle, driving carefully, observing speed limits and traffic rules in the country as well as MSF security rules, in order to avoid car accidents.
- Ensuring all passengers have all necessary papers in order before travelling, and ensuring non MSF staff sign disclaimers of responsibility before using the vehicle
- Ensuring correct loading and unloading of the vehicle, submitting the documents to the receiver of the goods, checking the status of delivered goods, returning the duly completed documents to Logistics and ensuring that the goods have the necessary documents
- Ensuring that all vehicle documents and the driver’s driving license are valid and in the vehicle.
- Informing the line manager of any incident involving the transportation of passengers and/or goods.
- Knowing how to use all types of radios, codes, call numbers and radio alphabets by heart and communicating with base according to MSF communications policy to inform the driver’s position and any potential implications.
- Knowing and respecting the security rules related to vehicle movements, specifically those related to customs, checkpoints and roadblocks. Ensuring all passengers know and respect the security rules
Minimum Educational Qualification:
- No minimum educational qualifications required but essential literacy and driving license. Good knowledge of country roads.
- Essential 2 years minimum of previous driving experience in similar position with similar responsabilities
- Desirable experience with MSF or other NGOs
- Desirable experience with specific vehicles to use (4×4, motorbikes, etc.)
- Oral English and Swahili
Driver Job Vacancy at Médecins Sans Frontières
Competences and main skills:
o Desirable knowledge of mechanics and good knowledge of mission area roads
o Team spirit, verbal communication skills, organisational skills, flexibility, stress and time management
o Adhesion to MSF principles and MSF charter
o Willingness for working and evolving with international and diverse team members
All interested candidates shall submit their motivation letter, CV and copy of relevant professional certificates not later than Wednesday Sept 14th 2022 at 4:00 PM . Please quote the job title on the email subject “DRIVER”.
Please send your application to the email address MSFCH-Tanzania-Recruitment@geneva.msf.org. The applications can also be submitted at MSF offices situated at Mikocheni B, Daima street House no 16 Dar es Salaam, or in Nduta Refugees Camp, Kibondo District or MSF Guest House Kibondo or Navikubo Executive Lodge & Retaurant P.o.Box 97 Liwale Lindi.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
To apply for this job email your details to MSFCH-Tanzania-Recruitment@geneva.msf.org