Website Médecins Sans Frontières
An international, independent medical humanitarian organisation
JOB VACANCY – DRIVER
FOR APPLICANTS /PEOPLE WITHIN LINDI REGION
Direct Reports: LOG SUPERVISOR
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF is therefore guided by the principles of neutrality and impartiality. These principles must apply to all MSF staff.
Minimum Educational Qualification: o Essential Secondary School Certificate and Advance Driving License Compulsory C, C1, C2 or D.
· Desirable 2 years minimum of previous driving experience in similar position with similar responsibilities.
· Desirable experience with MSF or other NGOs.
· Desirable experience with specific vehicles to use (4×4, motorbikes, etc.).
Knowledge and skills
· Desirable knowledge of mechanics and good knowledge of mission area roads.
· Team spirit, verbal communication skills, organisational skills, flexibility, stress and time management.
· Adhesion to MSF principles and MSF charter.
· Willingness for working and evolving with international and diverse team members.
· Results and quality orientation.
· Teamwork and cooperation.
· Behavioural Flexibility.
· Commitment to MSF Principles.
· Stress Management.
· Service Orientation.
· Oral English and Swahili
Performing the tasks of transporting authorized goods and passengers in an MSF vehicle, ensuring its technical and safety conditions and respecting the country’s traffic rules and MSF security rules, in order to provide a safe, smooth and efficient service.
• Checking daily, the technical conditions of the assigned vehicle (state of the tires, oil, fuel, brakes, radio equipment, spare parts, etc.), performing weekly check according to the MSF Logbook, refilling it when necessary, and keeping it clean to ensure it can be driven in perfect conditions. Carrying out a hand over if another uses the vehicle.
• Ensuring the security of passengers in the vehicle, driving carefully, observing speed limits and traffic rules in the country as well as MSF security rules, in order to avoid car accidents.
• Ensuring all passengers have all necessary papers in order before travelling, and ensuring non MSF staff sign disclaimers of responsibility before using the vehicle.
• Ensuring correct loading and unloading of the vehicle, submitting the documents to the receiver of the goods, checking the status of delivered goods, returning the duly completed documents to Logistics and ensuring that the goods have the necessary documents.
• Ensuring that all vehicle documents and the driver’s driving license are valid and in the vehicle.
• Informing the line manager of any incident involving the transportation of passengers and/or goods.
• Knowing how to use all types of radios, codes, call numbers and radio alphabets by heart and communicating with base according to MSF communications policy to inform the driver’s position and any potential implications.
• Knowing and respecting the security rules related to vehicle movements, specifically those related to customs, checkpoints and roadblocks. Ensuring all passengers know and respect the security rules.
• Flexibility to work on weekends and public holidays whenever requested by line manager.
• Constant communication with manager about advancement and location during trips.
• Main area of work within Liwale District, occasional trips to Lindi/Mtwara/Dar es Salaam.
Driver Job Vacancy at Médecins Sans Frontières
All interested candidates shall submit their motivation letter, CV and copy of relevant professional certificates not later than October 30th, 2023, at 4:00 PM. Please quote the job title on the email subject “DRIVER”.
Please send your application to the email address MSFCH-Tanzania-Recruitment@geneva.msf.org
The applications can also be submitted at MSF offices situated at MSF Office – Liwale
o People living with disabilities or minorities to indicate in their CV or Motivation letter
o Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your data only for the recruitment process to have all the information and documents necessary to proceed with the recruitment, validation of your application and selection of the most suitable candidate. Your data will be treated confidentially. Only people part of the recruitment process have access to your data. MSF does not sell your data under any circumstances. If you have any questions or requests, you can contact MSFCH-Tanzania-HrManager@geneva.msf.org
ONLY SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED