Website Geita Gold Mining Ltd
Geita Gold Mine is an open pit gold mine located in the Geita District of the Geita Region of Tanzania. It is operated by AngloGold Ashanti.
Engineer 1 – Drill and Blast Job Vacancy at Geita Gold Mining Ltd.
ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of Northwestern Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s Southeast of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Engineer 1 – Drill and Blast
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time contract
Department: Open Pit Mining
Reporting to: Senior Drill and blast Engineer
Number of Positions: One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
To provide the designs and plan for drill and blast as per short term mine plans.
- Bachelor’s degree of Engineering in Mining
- GGML is an equal opportunity employer: Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
- At least ONE (1) year experience in open pit mining operation preferably in drill and blast section
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Design drill and blast pattern as per approved standards.
- Monitor and report compliance to Drill and Blast Standards Monitor and review Blast data from production drilling, bulk explosive loading, and blasting.
- Coordination and review of QA/QC, including use, blast vibration monitoring, fragmentation analysis, video camera, ability to dig material, dilution and ore loss from blasting.
- Initiate and involve in drill and blast projects.
- End of the month calculation and provide drill and blast data as required to other departments.
- Monitor powder factors, bulk explosives and consumables usage against budget.
- Assist with incident investigations involving explosive usage including misfires, flyrock and excessive blast vibrations.
- Ability to apply safety and health policies and procedures in the workplace.
- Ability to conduct drill and blast cost planning as well as reconciliation of performance against plans.
Engineer 1 – Drill and Blast Job Vacancy at Geita Gold Mining Ltd
- Tanzanian Blasting Certificate.
- Ability to drive Light Vehicle (LV).
- Good communication skills
- Be proficient in the use of specialized drill and blasting software (Vulcan) Shotplus design software.
- Demonstrate knowledge of explosive handling, storage and regulations.
- Demonstrate advance knowledge of blasting technique.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
- Please apply by clicking APPLY button below.
- On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources”, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Engineer 1 – Drill and Blast”.
- If you struggle to apply via the link provided, please head over to our website https://www.geitamine.com/en/people/ for a step-by-step guide on how to apply for jobs on our recruitment portal (SuccessFactors).
- You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
- Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
- Applications should reach the above on or before 23rd September 2022 at 5:30 Pm
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
NOTE ON COVID-19 PREVENTION:
- Please note when you are invited for interviews, you will be required to present proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (Covid-19 vaccination certificate) or if you are not vaccinated, please go for a Covid-19 test and obtain a 96 – hour valid PCR Covid-19 negative certificate.
- You are also advised to adhere to all recommended prevention measures including proper wearing of face masks and washing or sanitizing your hands before you are allowed through Geita Gold Mine entry points.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing email@example.com or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com
To apply for this job please visit career5.successfactors.eu.