Website Innovation Africa
We're a non-profit on a mission to bring innovative Israeli solar, agricultural, and water technology
Field Officer Job Vacancy at Innovation Africa
Seeking Hard-Working, Dedicated Problem-Solver
Field Officer in Tanzania
Innovation: Africa is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization is a team of dedicated problem solvers with a mission to bring solutions and know-how to those in need living in rural African villages. We use solar energy to pump clean water and provide schools, orphanages and medical clinics with light and refrigeration to store vaccines and medicines. iA has completed over 300 solar, water and agricultural projects, providing light, clean water, food and proper medical care to more than 4 million people in Ethiopia, Tanzania, Malawi, South Africa, Uganda, Cameroon, Senegal and the Democratic Republic of Congo.
We are seeking a highly trained and qualified individual to be our Field Officer in Kondoa, Tanzania. The Field Officer is part of the Program Team and is responsible for implementing Innovation: Africa’s field project activities. The Field Officer works under the supervision of the Country Manager and will support activities related to the identification and implementation for new projects in Tanzania and shall be responsible for tasks related to selection of beneficiaries, implementation, reporting and liaison with the community. You will regularly report progress and weekly activity report, share the number of beneficiaries reached and actively engage in community mobilization, coordination and sensitization. Candidates should expect to travel to the field to search for new projects, mobilize and ensure the communities foster responsibility and ownership in ongoing and completed projects, as well as monitor projects already established.
Local Country Manager & Country Director in Israel
- Oversee all operations in-field throughout the project’s lifespan: prospective project search, project construction/implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Appropriately sensitize the communities, establishing steering committees, coordinating the establishment and management of income generation activities for the sustainability of the projects.
- Support the Country Manager in managing relationships with district and other government officials.
- Fully participate in visits from the international team, donors and guests.
- Send updates and reports to international management team of implementation for on-going projects and monitor projects already established.
The ideal candidate is a dedicated team-player with vast experience in community development work. Detail orientation, problem-solving, and passion for human development are a must. Those with a Bachelor’s Degree in sociology, development, anthropology, gender, public health or any related field would be an advantage and are encouraged to apply. If you’re the right person for this position, you will have general knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Commensurate with experience. Health Insurance and other benefits included.
Field Officer Job Vacancy at Innovation Africa
- A minimum of 3 years of previous experience working in the sector of community development
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant Diploma in sociology, development, anthropology, gender, public health or any related field – strong advantage
- Experience working in community-based water and solar projects – advantage
- Experience working in WASH programs – advantage
- Experience working with rural communities – advantage
- Educational background in international development or community development is a benefit.
- Excellent computer skills, including email and Microsoft office software
- Driver’s license and off road driving experience
- Ability to commit to flexible working hours, including some weekends
- High proficiency in English; both writing and speaking
- Ability to relocate to Kondoa District in Tanzania
- Able to speak Swahili and with a good personality
As an international organization, our team is spread out between NY, Israel and Africa, and team members are constantly on the move. We strive to use technology solutions to keep our staff in close contact despite our travel schedules, and are all frequently on the phone, on Slack, Zoom,
Whatsapp and more. This position requires the ability to keep up with this fast paced environment, and to be comfortable working with colleagues across time zones and continents.
- please note that we can only accept applications that are sent in PDF format
- The file name should be saved as your full name.
- Please include the position and country for which you are applying to work in the subject line of the email “Field Officer in Tanzania”
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Innovation: Africa is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Read Also: The Top Soft Skills to Include in Any CV
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org