- Full Time
- Dar es Salaam
- Applications have closed
Website Social Impact (SI)
A global development management consulting firm.
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Social Impact, Inc. (SI) is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
We believe SI is a great place to work and are passionate in our efforts to ensure that this endures. We are proud of our diversity and actively seek to expand it as a way of improving our employees’ experience, our collective professional breadth, and the quality of the work we do. We promote equity and inclusion through our policies and practices and build a culture of belonging for everyone where differences and authenticity are honored and embraced. We work hard to create opportunities for growth and ensure that our staff are fulfilled and engaged. We believe we are better when we collaborate, learn from one another, and have fun while working hard.
The T-MELA Activity is designed to assist the USAID/Tanzania Mission with strategy- and activity-level performance monitoring, evaluation, and learning. This activity also provides data gathering and verification, data visualization (including Geographic Information Systems), data quality assessments, impact and performance evaluations, assessments, organizational learning, and collaboration among USAID’s implementing partners and DO teams. The MEL Support Platform also implements a capacity building agenda for the mission, developing a baseline of M&E knowledge within the mission and tailoring a curriculum to provide skills development to mission staff.
SI is seeking a Finance and Operations Coordinator to administer payroll, as well as facilitate financial, administrative, and logistical processes for the implementation of T-MELA Tasks 2 and 3. This includes accounting and finance activities such as: coordinating payroll and tax payments, tracking payments, organizing financial and administrative documentation, and developing monthly financial reports.
**Please note: This is a local position. Only candidates with Tanzanian citizenship or Tanzanian permanent residency will be considered.**
The Finance and Operations Coordinator will:
- Calculate and administer payroll, benefits, and associated Tanzanian taxes and social costs for SI staff.
- Prepare proper monthly presentation to all government institutions that relates to taxes, social security, etc.
- Support the program’s administration and preparation of monthly financial reports.
- Conduct regular accounting activities and ensure proper accounting processes and procedures.
- Ensure funds expended are compliant with USG regulations and policies.
- Track and prepare routine and ad hoc payments, accurately organizing supporting documentation and maintaining digital supporting files.
- Complete monthly project office expense report to include bank and tax reconciliation and recording payments and payroll calculations.
- Prepare monthly cash advance requests.
- Assist with fraud mitigation practices and ensure systems and processes are applied effectively to support the implementation of the award.
- Support SI T-MELA staff with human resources tracking and maintenance of updated policies and procedures documentation.
- Support recruitment of consultants under Tasks 2 and 3 by acting as main candidate point of contact, scheduling interviews and collecting documentation.
- Provide oversight on onboarding local consultants and mobilizing them for activities.
- Support logistics of evaluations and CLA events, coordinating travel mobilization, scheduling, transportation, and assisting with travel-related expense reports.
- Other operational tasks as assigned by supervisor.
Finance and Operations Coordinator USAID/Tanzania Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning, and Adaptation (T-MELA) Activity at Social Impact (SI)
The Finance and Operations Coordinator must have/hold:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or related field.
- 2+ years of experience managing, in roles of increasing responsibility in payroll processing, finance, procurement, contracts management, logistics, and/or human resource related matters for international development activities of similar dollar value.
- Knowledge of accounting principles is a must.
- Knowledge of local labor laws and tax withholding calculations is a must.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Kiswahili.
- Strongly preferred:
- Experience working on USAID-funded activities.
- Knowledge of USAID financial reporting and compliance requirements.
- Prior experience in managing donor-funded procurement.
**Please note: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.**
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com.
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.