Website Momentum Metropolitan
Momentum Metropolitan Holdings Limited (Momentum Metropolitan) is a South African based financial services group listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange
Finance Business Partner Job Vacancy at Momentum Metropolitan
Assist Business Partners in order to support, advise and guide business decision-making through financial analysis, data and insights and provide holistic finance solutions that drive business performance.
Experience and Qualifications
- Registered Chartered Accountant with South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA); OR
- Degree in Actuarial Science or Fellow Actuary.
- 4 – 6 years’ experience in valuations and/or financial management within an Employee Benefits environment.
- Knowledge of the Financial Services and Insurance industry.
- Detailed understanding of Employee Benefit valuations and reporting metrics.
- Financial understanding of the Employee Benefits products, design and profit signatures.
- Understanding drivers of various reporting metrics.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with senior business partners to collaborate with business leaders to formulate short and long-term financial objectives and financial models for the business, in line with the overall business strategy of the segment.
- Assist business leaders to assess the financial implications of new business initiatives and provide input to the financial feasibility of business cases.
- Assist the senior business partners to support and influence key operational and strategic business decision using financial analysis and data.
- Develop partnerships across the business in order to drive execution of finance activities.
- Provide insights regarding the interpretation and explanation of financial analysis, forecasts and scenarios in order to guide business decision making.
- Contribute to the development or testing of business cases for new initiatives and ensure that business cases are financially sound and drive profitability.
- Delivery of financial analysis, forecasting and what-if scenarios based on business requirements.
- Identity and measure key financial metrics that support financial and strategic objectives.
- Assist with the monthly reporting and ensure the business is provided with readily obtained, accurate and meaningful measurements.
- Prepare management reports and identify where management action is required.
- Provide input into continuous improvement efforts by identifying opportunities for optimising profitability and cost reduction.
- Assist with the forecasting of expenses and identify solutions to enhance cost effectiveness and increase operational efficiency.
- Monitor financial performance by measuring and analysing business results.
- Monitor and report on our key objectives in terms of where our growth is coming from across the corporate space.
- Build and maintain relationships with clients and stakeholders
- Define fair and innovative internal client service practices which build rewarding relationships and allows team to provide exceptional client service.
- Engage with key stakeholders to identify changing internal client needs and make recommendations to align service offering with client needs.
- Contribute to a client service excellence culture which builds enduring relationships and allows team to provide exceptional client service.
- Develop client service level agreements and standards in order to ensure clients receive clear and accurate information and are kept informed at all times.
- Drive efforts to improve client service and fair treatment of clients within area of responsibility.
- Incorporate internal client feedback into the enhancement of daily business processes and management operating systems.
- Develop and maintain productive and collaborative working relationships with peers , clients and stakeholders
- Positively influence and participate in change initiatives
- Continuously develop own expertise in terms of professional, industry and legislation knowledge
- Contribute to continuous innovation through the development, sharing and implementation of new ideas
- Take ownership for driving career development
- Effectively manage time and ensure optimal productivity
- Ensure technical product and legislative knowledge is always current in order to propose the most relevant and innovative client solutions and comply with governance requirements
- Be self-confident, self-motivated and relentlessly pursue targets and goals.
- Provide input into the risk identification processes and communicate recommendations in how to manage identified risks
- Assist with the process for the development, implementation and monitoring of fit for purpose budgets to ensure the segment operating model is adequately budgeted for.
- Assist with the production and delivery of accurate financial metrics, statements and reports for the segment (Income Statement, Profit and Loss Statement etc.) within agreed timelines.
- Investigate reported wilful acts of non-compliance to organisation policy and practice and report on findings.
- Client/ Stakeholder Commitment
- Drive for Results
- Business Acumen
- Leads Change and Innovation
- Motivating and Inspiring the team
- Strategic Thinking
- Impact and Influence
- Self-Awareness and Insight
- Diversity and Inclusiveness
- Growing Talent
To apply for this job please visit momentum.erecruit.co.