Website Mwiba Holdings Limited
Mwiba Holdings Limited is registered Tanzanian Company under Companies Ordinance (Cap. 212) and a leading Hospitality company.
General Manager Job Vacancy at Mwiba Holdings Limited
JOB ADVERTISEMENT: GENERAL MANAGER | (1 POSITION )
Mwiba Holdings Limited is a registered Tanzanian Company under Companies Ordinance(Cap. 212)and a leading Hospitality Company with Operations in Arusha, Meatu-Simiyu and Mara Regions. We are currently looking for a General Manager to be part of our team. The position will be based in Meatu Tanzania.
Role’s Summary: The General Manager (GM) will oversee the group’s lodging and camp operations as well as operational DMC business, striving to consistently improve overall guest experience in line with the company’s vision and mission. The GM reports to the Managing Director.
KEY RESULT AREAS / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Hospitality and Standard Management:
- Oversee and improve our company service standards.
- Ensure team and guest relations throughout the company are maintained with the requisite attention to detail in line with the company’s guidelines.
- Ensure all team members understand, live and work through the company’s brand values.
- Finance and budget management, both from an OpEx and CapEx perspective and achieves required budgeted financial targets.
- Close working relation with the sales and marketing team, playing a positive role in the marketing of the company’s hospitality business, in line with company’s marketing strategy.
- Assists in reviewing the company’s products and develops and oversees successful implementation thereof.
- Ensure all company learning and development plans are reviewed and implemented.
- Be fully educated on the company’s philanthropic, wildlife and conservation work and how to connect these into all areas of operation.
- Effective ecological monitoring and management through regular meetings with the respective teams.
- Motivate, lead, coach and grow operational HOD’s and team members.
- Support quality inspection of the land and ensure departmental work is completed to standard per conservation requirements.
- Maintain and periodically review company standards with regards to conservation and sustainability.
- Ensure compliance on corporate social responsibility.
- Become familiar with all company investment contracts (Mwiba, Mwangudo Reserve, Makao WMA).
- Maintain positive relationships with all stakeholders and represent the company when required, in dealing with the NCAA, National Parks,WMA’s, and any other stakeholders within our company’s sector.
- Collaborate with the head guide / management to ensure company firearms and ammunition registers are up to date.
Management, Administration and Financial Reporting:
- Responsible for preparing MHL’s annual budget together with the finance team.
- Financial oversight and control with the respective teams from both a revenue generation as well as a cost control perspective.
- Oversee and organise the procurement of services and goods in line with company procedures.
- Ensure strategic allocation of the company’s capital and effective management of all projects.
- Become familiar with the local laws and administer all operations in accordance with Country’s legal requirements i.e.; good corporate governance.
- Work closely with the People & Culture Department ensuring all learning and development programs are relevant and in place.
- Ensure team members are well trained, appraisals effectively conducted and the teams incentivized accordingly.
General Manager Job Vacancy at Mwiba Holdings Limited
PROFESSIONAL AND INTERPERSONAL DETAILS
- 3-year Diploma or Bachelor Degree in hospitality management.
- Strong financial acumen would be an advantage.
- A competent level of computer skills are required, the group uses a number of systems, PMS; POS, Xero, DMC, in addition to basic Google Suite.
Experience and Skills:
- Ten(10)years senior management experience in bespoke high end luxury hospitality.
- Experience in safari operations or remote locations.
- Proven ability to build and maintain successful partnerships.
- Excellent leadership abilities and communication skills.
- A candidate with a strong F&B background would be preferred.
- Record of assisting with safari logistic operations and camp movements.
- Be humble and kind and through their track record with proven integrity.
- Have a high EQ to adapt to and understand and respect all different cultures, specifically Tanzanian culture.
- Effective delegator.
- Driven and self-motivated.
- Hands on, lead from the front and mentorthe team.
- Highly adaptable, able to move through all the company’s areas of operations which currently include 2 lodges and 3 camps geographically spread out through Tanzania.
- Adapt, adopt and embed the company culture, vision and mission and then grow along with it and with the team (we are a bespoke brand and different to all high end luxury mainstream competitors).
- Have analytical abilities to identify key metrics for action.
- Must have a calm and approachable demeanor, with ability to work under pressure.
- Creative thinker and effective problem solver.
- Due to the nature of the business, be able to work flexible hours as well as weekends and public holidays.
- Be able to work with multiple senior managers, managers from different countries, speaking different languages and different cultures.
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s /Resumes and copy of certificates to P & C Office (for hard copies) or via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mwiba offers equal employment opportunities to qualified men and women and if you are not contacted by the People & Culture Department within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following; competency assessment; physical capability assessment and reference checking.
Please forward applications before 30th September 2022.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com