Transarc S.A offers integrated recruitment to connect South Africa employers with skilled staff.
We are looking for Mine general worker to be Part of a team providing general work, support and assistance to skilled trades artsans on a mining site.
The ideal general worker should ensure to Perform tasks as directed by the Line Manager and working using your own initiative within specified criteria.
- Provide general support and assistance to skilled trades artisans on a mining site
- General support duties assisting with site preparation and clearance, maintaining general site tidiness, assisting in operation of tools and equipment, cleaning and maintaining tools and equipment, collecting samples, and contributing towards site safety and security.
- Assist with general site storage, lifting, fetch supplies, unload and check deliveries and undertaking tasks to assist tradesmen generally as directed by the Line Manager
- Identify hazards, defects and the need for adjustment or repair; to ensure compliance with agreed codes, law, working practices and health and safety
- Ensure compliance with applicable codes, procedures and legislation including health and safety
- Adhere to all organisation policies and procedures, including those relating to hygiene, respect for other team members, time keeping and flexibility
- Maintain accurate worksheets and records/documentation associated with your work
General Mining Worker Job Vacancy at Transarc – South Africa
- Min Exp 0-2 years
- Friendly and approachable
- Understand and deliver good customer service
- Excellent attention to detail
- Knowledgeable of the tools, equipment, and materials common to the environment
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of applicable codes, standards, and regulations
- Flexibility and willing to work as part of a team
- Minimum education level: Grade 9 /N1