Contracts Consultancy Limited
Health and Safety Supervisor Job Vacancy at CCL.
The H&S Supervisor will participate and provide input to the development of targeted HSE Improvement Plans and associated support documents. Ensure H&S alignment with approved Plans. Build and maintain solid relationships and engage with management representatives, Company, & Partners.
Participate in project Go/No-go HSE/R3 reviews for project mobilisation. Ensure thorough contractor HSE assessments, evaluations & pre-qualifications as required. Facilitate and participate in HSE Risk Assessments and ensure all sites & offices are covered by robust and comprehensive HSE Management Plans where applicable.
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT
• The CLIENT’S project includes a 1445km 24in main oil export pipeline, 8 above ground facilities [AGI: including 6 pumping stations (PS-1 thru 6) and 2 pressure reduction stations (PRS-1 and 2)], a green field Marine Terminal (MST) with an export jetty and Load Out
Facilities (LOF) and a series of main line block valves (MLBV) and a long line heat trace (LLHT) heating system. Approx. 150km of feeder lines from Upstream facilities from Tilenga and Kingfisher fields will tie-in to the CLIENT’S project. CLIENT’S is developing the Tilenga Feeder line on behalf of the Tilenga Project. The CLIENT’S Pipeline project will be the largest privately led with Government participation transnational infrastructure project ever undertaken in East African region. The project overall tonnage is estimated at
500,000t of material and equipment;
• Behind the numerous technical (the longest electrically heat traced pipeline in the world), environmental and social challenges faced by the project, Government of Uganda and Government of Tanzania agreed to develop CLIENT’S project in a fast track mode. The project is aiming at a Ready For Start-up (RFSU) schedule not later than 39 months after FID;
• The context is complex with numerous stakeholders, environmental and societal / local content stakes, three partners, two involved countries new to oil development (Uganda and Tanzania), and the need for project development in accordance with IFC standards to secure the necessary financing;
• In the current context of low oil price the project needs to be developed with low CAPEX & OPEX to support the economics and enable FID while maintaining the technical quality of the installations, with high H3SE requirements and focus.
• Directly supporting the CLIENT’S staff ensuring delivery of the Pipeline and associated AGI, MST facilities and EITS infrastructure are on-time and to budget.
• To provide on the job training and coaching to local content personnel, liaising either directly or indirectly with training providers to ensure training is provided and performance monitoring of such.
• Implement, use, and communicate safe work practices on and off the project sites.
• Communicate and mentor CLIENT’S principles of ‘Life’ and Zero Harm into the CLIENT’S project delivery.
• Engaging and communicating the HSE roles & responsibilities to the project leadership and staff teams
• Liaise with Project R3 and ensure cross-functional coordination and engagement where required.
• Ensure that the HSE organisation and management systems processes are operating and compliant
• Review COMPANY CONTRACTOR’s HSE procedures, processes, and documentation such as SMP’s, SWMS, SOP’s etc. to ensure minimum compliance to the Contract and HSE regulatory requirements.
• Engaging and advising the site supervision and field engineers of their HSE roles and responsibilities.
• Approval of Contractor’s submitted project HSE documents, such as SMP, SOP’s and WMS
• Monitor, manage and direct surveillance and inspection activities of EPcmC H&S advisors
• inspect the HSE activities of contracted 2nd & 3rd party inspection services.
• Review and report the field status of Construction progress against agreed HSE KPI’s.
• Update databases and record storage with HSE systems reports and compliance audits results
• Review and comment on COMPANY CONTRACTORS’ Safety inspection reports and act
• Participate in H2SE inspections, assessments, Incident Investigation, or Incident Reviews as instructed
• Attend COMPANY CONTRACTOR HSE audits and engage as directed
• Perform specific focused HSE compliance audits/surveillance reviews as scheduled or necessary.
• Preparing and presenting HSE moments, at Toolbox talks, pre-starts, and office-based locations
• Attend regular scheduled project meetings as required and verify HSE metrics and KPI’s tabled
• Manage and co-ordinate the surveillance and compliance reviews of COMPANY
CONTRACTORS in accordance with the agreed surveillance plan and / or inspection and test plan (ITP), etc.
• Perform inspections of equipment/materials/installations to ensure HSE compliance.
• Work within a multi-cultural business framework and provide ethical and compliant support.
• Mentor exemplary behaviour regarding HSE, Ethics and Company “Code of Conduct” policy
Health and Safety Supervisor Job Vacancy at CCL
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field of HSE study is preferred, with five (5) to seven
(7) years’ experience in a HSE related field, NEBOSH Diploma or Company agreed discipline qualifications supporting the HSE management for construction execution of onshore pipeline & related facilities scopes
• In the absence of a four (4) year degree/Diploma in an appropriate field of HSE study, this position requires an additional eight (8) years of related HSE experience and the appropriate safety certifications in regulatory, management systems and training programs within the oil and gas industries.
• 8 years of HSE experience working within a cross-functional oil & gas pipeline project team supporting; contractor construction, commissioning, and start-up readiness.
• Experience in analysing HSE field metrics to report accurate KPI’s and potential noncompliance status back to the project management team.
• Competency within industry applications such as Assure, OMIE, Aconex, SharePoint, Adobe, MS Office; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio
• Demonstrated knowledge of safety compliance, risk controls and site HSE hierarchy
• A high focus on identifying and meeting the key project deliverables and HSE objectives.
• Knowledge of project HSE strategy and commitments regarding execution, and field safety inspections.
• Detailed knowledge and understanding of HSE management systems & the requirements of ISO 31000
• Knowledge of root cause analysis (RCA); data-driven decisions, HSE risk analysis & analytical reporting.
• Demonstrated knowledge of PTW systems of work and the controls process for Permit
• Demonstrate proficiency in the interpretation of HSE, plans, policies, and regulations.
• Demonstrated communication skills including the ability to articulate safety concerns and solutions with teams consisting of individuals with various technical and educational backgrounds.
• Previous experience working with multicultural contractors’ and reporting their HSE performance.
• Staff management experience (knowledge of mentoring and motivation techniques)
• Autonomous, self-motivated, and flexible with the ability to adapt quickly to change or shifting priorities.
How to Apply:
To apply for this job please visit cclglobal.com.