Website CSI Energy Group
CSI Energy Group mission is to deliver social improvement through improved infrastructure.
Valid until : 28 Aug 2023
If you’re driven by the commitment to safeguard and champion the well-being of both people and our planet, and you envision a world where safety and environmental consciousness prevail, be part of our team, bring your ideas, ingenuity, and determination to make a difference. We’re seeking a seasoned HSE Lead, to guide our safety and environmental initiatives, ensuring we stand resilient against risks and steadfast in our promise to protect.
Based in Tanzania and reporting to the Country Manager/Project Manager, the HSE Lead will chart our course towards sustainable growth. Together, we will harness the power of sustainable energy solutions and illuminate a brighter, greener future for generations to come.
We are a diversified African centric network of companies providing sustainable solutions within the energy sector across Africa. Our employees, through their combined individual commitments, across Africa, are the energy that drives us forward.
- Carry out risk assessments and consider how risks could be reduced.
- Outline safe operational procedures which identify and take into account all relevant hazards
- Carry out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented by all employees including subcontractor staff.
- People management: Manage the team at site and provide the necessary information for team to proceed with work.
- Ensure working practices are safe and comply with legislation
- Ensure Company is compliant and adheres to all Occupational Health and Safety regulations.
- Leads the development of HSE culture that delivers excellence in HSE performance by developing coaching, training plans, and supervising the preparation of training materials and delivery of these programs for the managers and employees.
- Keep records of inspection findings and produce reports that suggest improvements
- Leads the investigation of accidents, incidents and keep records of the events and produce statistics for managers.
- Keep up to date with new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of all Health and Safety Environmental (HSE) legislation and any developments that affect the employer’s industry
- Produce reports, newsletters, safety signages, and bulletins.
- Conducting assurance exercises and ensure the overall smooth running of the HSE processes.
- Advice on a range of specialist areas, e.g. Environmental regulations, Fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, safeguarding machinery, and occupational diseases.
- Ensure implementation of health and safety policies and procedures.
- Provides advice and support to site or project manager in implementing and monitoring the company HSE plan, including project HSE procedures, policies, and instructions
- Promotes the elimination and prevention of accidents, incidents, and occupational illness risks at workplaces. Encourages near miss reporting as per company HSE Policy.
- Any other tasks assigned by supervisor/Management.
HSE Lead Job Vacancy at the CSI Energy Group
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Health, Safety Engineering, or Occupational Health.
- 5 years and above, minimum 3 years working experience preferably in construction industry.
- Proficient in Microsoft word & Excel
- Fluent in Kiswahili and English
- Leadership Skills
- Supervisory Skills
- Communication Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Planning and Organizational Skills
How to Apply
Closing date for application: 28th August 2023
The above list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive and may be changed at any time, depending on the operational requirements of the employer/company, and within the parameters of the position held.
The company is therefore entitled to instruct the employee at any time to carry out additional duties or responsibilities, which fall reasonably within the ambit of this job description, or in accordance with operational requirements.
CSI Energy Group reserves the right to call only the shortlisted candidates for interview and not to make any appointment following this job advert, nor to assign any reason whatsoever for accepting or rejecting any candidate.
Read Also: Avoid having this ‘red flag’ on your CV