World Health Organization
ICT Officer Job Vacancy at WHO
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME:
Country Administrative Support Units (CSUs) have been established in the organizational structure to assist managers and staff in fully discharging their responsibilities in the Global Management Information System (GSM) environment and to ensure compliance with institutional policies, procedures, rules and regulations on all administrative and financial matters and transactions in the context of an enterprise resource planning (ERP) system.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The objective of this position is to provide information and communication technology services to the WHO country office.
Description Of Duties:
The Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Officer oversees the implementation of all ICT services at the level of his or her office of assignment. The incumbent liaises with counterparts within the Organization to ensure the efficient and effective functioning of ICT operations. In addition, he or she acts as an interface with ICT service providers to ensure efficient and quality ICT services and maintenance in the office.Summary of assigned tasks (describe what the incumbent needs to do to achieve key objectives; include key deliverables)
- Lead and manage information technology infrastructure projects and services in the country office and advise/brief the WHO Representative accordingly.
- Provide end-user IT support and ensuring service requests/incidents recorded and are attended to in a timely manner.
- Maintain the IT assets inventory and provides quarterly reports (hardware, software and licenses).
- Responsible for the installation, maintenance, configuration, administration, and reliable operation of the LAN/WAN network infrastructure in compliance with WHO standards.
- Responsible for the installation, maintenance, configuration, administration, and reliable operation of managed workstation environment, servers, and data storage areas within the country.
- Monitor server hardware and communications infrastructure performance, including VSAT, Internet links and services and telephony systems and ensure capacity planning.
- Install and support the information collaborative tools and online video conferencing platforms.
- Implement and ensure appropriate processes for data protection, backup, disaster recovery, and failover procedures are in place.
- Responsible for security/cybersecurity processes and procedures and ensure prompt remediation of discovered threats and vulnerabilities.
- Provide internal training to end-user on the use of computer hardware, software and IT related services/tools.
- Develop and maintain appropriate documentation and policies related to end-user support and the infrastructure.
- Contribute to the preparations of budgets, work programs, and spending plans related to information and communications technology.
- Collaborate with IT colleagues in the WHO Regional Office, Country Offices, WHO HQ and UN Agencies on IT projects and services as and when necessary.
- Perform other duties as required.
ICT Officer Job Vacancy at WHO
Essential University degree or equivalent training and/or experience, in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or any other related field.
Desirable PRINCE2, ITIL, Microsoft and CISCO Certifications
Essential: At least one year of experience in the implementation, administration, and maintenance of workstations, servers and network infrastructure, end-user support and project management.
Essential: Excellent knowledge of the English.
Desirable: Knowledge of French or other UN language.
Functional Knowledge And Skills
- Strong knowledge in LAN/WAN architecture, configuration, and administration.
- Practical knowledge and administration of server and workstation operating systems, active directory, and associated components, end-point detection and response systems, backup software applications.
- Practical knowledge and understanding of server virtualization
- Practical knowledge and understanding of CISCO switches, routers, active devices, and software.
- Knowledge in implementation and managing IT security/cybersecurity systems and tools.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills, intuitive with a high sense of responsibility towards achieving results in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to write technical documentation and use various project management methodologies
- Ability to work well in a team setting and under pressure.
Communicating in a credible and effective way Producing results Moving forward in a changing environment Fostering integration and teamwork.
Other Skills (e.g. IT)
- Very good knowledge of enterprise resource planning systems and processes.
- Strong computer skills in office applications, including Excel, Power Point and Word.
Remuneration comprises an annual base salary starting at 81,225 schillings (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- For information on WHO’s operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO prides itself on a workforce that adheres to the highest ethical and professional standards and that is committed to put the WHO Values Charter into practice.
- WHO has zero tolerance towards sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA), sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct (i.e., discrimination, abuse of authority and harassment). All members of the WHO workforce have a role to play in promoting a safe and respectful workplace and should report to WHO any actual or suspected cases of SEA, sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct. To ensure that individuals with a substantiated history of SEA, sexual harassment or other types of abusive conduct are not hired by the Organization, WHO will conduct a background verification of final candidates.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This is a National Professional Officer position. Therefore, only applications from nationals of the country where the duty station is located will be accepted. Applicants who are not nationals of this country will not be considered.
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days) two years
Job Posting Nov 6, 2022, 3:46:51 AM
Closing Date Nov 15, 2022, 4:59:00 PM
Primary Location Tanzania, United Republic of- Dar-es-Salaam
Organization AF_TZA Tanzania
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.
The Deadline for Submitting the Applications is November 16 , 2022.
To apply for this job please visit careers.who.int.