Website Good Neighbors
Good Neighbors is an international humanitarian development NGO.
Income Generation Manager Job Vacancy at Good Neighbors
Good Neighbors is an international humanitarian development NGO founded in Korea in 1991. It was granted General Consultative Status from the United Nations Economic and Social Council (UN ECOSOC). The aim is to make the world a place without hunger, where people live together in harmony. In Tanzania it was officially established on 2005 and our efforts work towards creating environment where children’s rights are protected and sustainable development of communities through empowerment, leadership and ownership.
Good Neighbors Tanzania is looking for individuals to join our highly motivated team in the following role;
Position: Income Generation Manager
Reports to: Country Director
Location: Dar es Salaam
Contract Duration: May-December, 2023 (8-month contract with 4-month probation, contract extension is subject to funding availability, employee performance or/and mutual agreement)
Under the overall authority of the Country Director (CD) of Good Neighbors Tanzania (GNTZ), the position of IG Manager will be responsible for the direction, management, and oversight of all aspects of the IG Department, coordinate and implement strategies through developing programs and empowerment activities according to organizational goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervision of Income Generation Department, which includes;
- Day to day directions and monitoring of progress of work.
- Ensure departmental annual plans, job description and team individual plans are set annually and followed for implementation.
- Leading and motivating the team to ensure the department is delivering as per expectation
- Assist on staff planning and recruitment based on department and organization needs.
- Conduct staff performance evaluations according to organization schedules, requirements and procedures and support management in making decisions following performance results.
- Conduct department meetings every month and assess status and progress of work.
- Prepare, check, review and approve reports, staff applications, work plans, BRQs, FSS and other documents within the department, ensuring accuracy, compliance and timely submission.
- Prepare and implement annual operational plan and budget of all income generation activities and ensure monthly department budget expenditure of 70% of each month.
- Ensure the team, assuring its full integration with other activities of the organization to maximize and develop IG activities opportunities identified across any area that could generate additional income to the community.
- Develop sound and positive working relationship in a way that empowers and develop capacity of implementing partners and local communities thus contributing to sustainability of project interventions.
- Ensure project deadlines and high-quality standards are met.
- Provide expertise and develop own capacity in all methodological and technical aspects of the program activities by providing all necessary legal and financial safeguard so that income generation are appropriately fulfilled.
- In collaboration with the finance team, ensure that the program expenditures ae in line with approved budget and donor/GN requirements, guidelines and policies.
- Meet with project stakeholders on a regular basis and discuss about major issues concerning development and business context.
- Prepare and submit periodic/thematic report such as Monthly IG operation report, Annual report and action plan.
- Ensure gathering of PR data from the field (photos, interview, stories, etc.), present project in media.
- Develop and maintain of courses, curriculum, and training activities by developing effective methodology in close coordination with OD and SSD team.
- Develop evaluation tools to measure the effectiveness of IG activities and loan program.
- Develop and support diverse strengthening activities for IG, MF, including needs assessment survey, focus on compliance and internal/external audit, and strengthening women capacity in finance.
- Ensure and develop effective risk management strategies to protect against any losses and avoid possible risks such as delinquencies, frauds, staff turnover, interest rate changes, liquidity, regulatory, etc.
- Required to attend at least 3 courses every year as provided by Gn academy including any other courses provided by GNTZ or by any other training institution, aiming to develop knowledge and capacity in own work.
- Required to achieve 90% of individual annual targets and department annual targets.
Qualification, experiences and competencies
- Bachelor degree in Regional/Banking/Economic Development Planning or any other related field.
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in Income Generation Projects, Community Development Work and any other related field.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in managerial level position.
- Working experience with NGO.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of microfinance, savings, loan management, agriculture and related projects.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills.
- An excellent written and oral command of English and Swahili. Strong problem-solving skills, creativity in decision making.
View also: Women’s Economic Empowerment Expert Job Vacancy at UNV – United Nations Volunteers
Income Generation Manager Job Vacancy at Good Neighbors
- Honesty, integrity, transparency and professionalism.
- Ability to multi-task, time management and adaptability to transitions.
- Report writing skills.
- Staff management skills.
- Ability to follow instructions and work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to maintain effective relationships with all levels of staff, beneficiaries and other stakeholders.
- Competence in Ms Office applications, Ms word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to provide guidance and instructions to new or inexperienced staff. Perform other duties as may be required.
- All interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, please Click here to apply for the position on or before 25th April, 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- When applying please attach detailed curriculum vitae containing complete names and addresses (postal, email, phone), together with names and contact details of three referees.
- All applications should be addressed to Country Director, Good Neighbors Tanzania, P.O. Box 33104, Dar es Salaam.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted through their active mobile numbers and email addresses.
- Good Neighbors Tanzania will not be responsible for transport or/and accommodation during the interview, there will be no refund for the expenses incurred.
- Good Neighbors Tanzania has a zero tolerance to any harm or sexual exploitation and abuse against any beneficiaries (or program participants). Safeguarding and Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) is everyone’s shared responsibility and all GN employees and partners are required to adhere to GN’s Code of Conduct both during and outside working hours. Familiarization with and adherence to the GN Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct is an essential requirement of all employees and partners, in addition to related mandatory training. All applicants interested to work with GNTZ must ensure that they understand and act in accordance with this clause. Please Click here to access and review GN Safeguarding Policy.
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.