Website Médecins Sans Frontières
MSF is an international, independent organisation.
JOB VACANCY – INFECTION PREVENTION AND CONTROL (IPC) SUPERVISOR
Title: INFECTION PREVENTION AND CONTROL (IPC) SUPERVISOR
Duration: 12 months (Fixed Term Contract) – Full time position (100%)
Starting date: 15/10/2022
Direct Reports: Nursing Activity Manager
Location: Nduta Camp (Kibondo, Kigoma Region)
FOR NATIONAL STAFF ONLY
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF is therefore guided by the principles of neutrality and impartiality. These principles must apply to all MSF staff.
Minimum Educational Qualification:
· Nurse or midwife (or equivalent) diploma / EPI / pharmacist diplomas.
· MUST BE REGISTERED AND ALLOWED TO PRACTISE UNDER MEDICAL COUNCIL OF TANGANIYKA.
· Essential 2 years of previous experience with MSF as a nurse, midwife or similar.
· Experience in OT, Intensive Care Unit is an asset.
· Essential computer literacy (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
· Essential mission language: English and Swahili (Kirundi and/or French will be a plus.)
Objectives of the position:
· Implementing and supervising an infection control program in a project or health facility, according to MSF protocols, safety and IPC measures, in order to ensure quality of care and safety of patients, caretakers and staff.
Infection Prevention And Control (IPC) Supervisor Job Vacancy at Médecins Sans Frontières
· In collaboration with each service activity manager, maintaining and supporting the day to day implementation by the ward supervisor of the standard precautions in health structures in all departments including sterilization, laundry and kitchen, and providing technical supervision, training and support to the staff on IPC related issues using existing tools such as audits, checklist, surveillance.
· Implementing and monitoring adherence to additional precautions for air, droplet and contact transmissible diseases when indicated. Based on a given patient-diagnosis, evaluating the need and supporting the implementation, if needed, for additional precautions in collaboration with the medical team and act accordingly.
· Supporting in the implementation as planned, the correct ‘clean and dirty flows’ inside the health facility. Ensuring that environmental standards and administrative measures in the facility are respected (bed spacing, number of handwashing stations etc.) and together with the Logistics Manager, Logistics Hospital Supervisor and WHS Supervisor, that the essential requirements are available in the health structures
· Guaranteeing compliance to aseptic care techniques and to the correct use of antiseptics, disinfectants and detergents, through trainings and audits.
· Checking the consumption and the quality of IPC materials and equipment, including cleaning materials and equipment, PPE, etc.
· As member of the Infection Control Committee, participating actively in the lively and pro-active tenue of the meeting, supporting the development and following up the Infection Control Action Plan.
· Supervising the team under his/her responsibility and participating in the associated HR processes (e.g. recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, coaching, development and communication) in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required.
· Reporting any irregularities to Nursing Activity Manager and producing reports with information & recommendations for the monthly medical reporting.
o IPC standard precautions include Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), hand hygiene, prevention of accidental exposure to body fluids, safe and appropriate treatment of re-usable medical devices, waste management, cleaning and disinfection of surface and environment, respiratory hygiene and individual hygiene for staff, caretakers and patients. IPC essential requirements include water supply, solid waste and wastewater treatment/disposal, latrines and shower facilities, dead bodies management, vector control and medical waste management.
o Transmission-based Precautions (TBP): are the second level of basic infection control and are to be used in addition to standard precautions for patients who may be infected or colonized with certain infectious agents for which additional precautions are needed to prevent infection transmission (contact, droplet, airborne).
Main competencies and knowledge:
· Results and Quality Orientation
· Teamwork and Cooperation
· Behavioural Flexibility
· Commitment to MSF Principles
· Stress Management
All interested candidates shall submit their motivation letter, CV and copy of relevant professional certificates not later than Tuesday, September 20th, 2022 at 4:00 PM. Please quote the job title on the email subject “IPC SUPERVISOR”
Please send your application to the email address MSFCH-Tanzania-Recruitment@geneva.msf.org. The applications can also be submitted at MSF offices situated at Warioba RD, Mikocheni B, Plot 100, Daima Street House no 16 or To MSF Project Admin in Nduta Refugees Camp, Kibondo District.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your data only for the recruitment process to have all the information and documents necessary to proceed with the recruitment, validation of your application and selection of the most suitable candidate. Your data will be treated confidentially. Only people part of the recruitment process have access to your data. MSF does not sell your data under any circumstances. If you have any questions or requests, you can contact msfch-Tanzania-HrManager@geneva.msf.org
To apply for this job email your details to MSFCH-Tanzania-Recruitment@geneva.msf.org