The Women Fund Tanzania Trust, the nation's first fund for women's rights
Interesting Career Opportunities at WFT-Trust
WFT-Trust is the first and only women’s rights fund in Tanzania that has been in existence since 2008 and has been at the forefront championing gender equality, equity and women and girls’ rights through a funding mechanism that features strong capacity enhancement, strengthening linkages and collaboration among women’s rights organizations and mobilising resources. WFT -Trust is seeking to engage women, especially young feminists in different job positions to be based in Dar Es Salaam Fleadquarters.
Are you passionate about doing your work differently?
Do you have an understanding of feminist approaches to delivering substantive changes for women girls and children’s rights in Tanzania? Will you bring feminist lens and thought leadership in your position of work and less traditional approaches that will contribute to movement building processes with an empowering agenda of change? Are you in sync with the roles of women rights organizations and their movements in different sectors and across sectors, and an interplay of empowering mechanisms employed to delivering their work?
We are looking for you! To contribute in achieving the mission and vision of WFT-Trust and its impact on gender equality and women empowerment from the grassroot to the national level.
Reporting to the WFT-Trust Director of Finance and Operations, the Information Technology Officer will manage the overall IT setup for WFT-Trust offices, ensuring the highest quality of standards and effective functioning. The role will also provide efficient user- friendly IT support to all staff and implementation of business continuity plan to ensure digital and physical sustainability of WFT-T.
- Maintaining the IT infrastructure across the office to work effectively;
- Supporting the internal and external network infrastructure, server administration, and provide technical support;
- Managing server infrastructure, CCTV facility, ensure regular update, upgrade, capacity planning, Digital and Physical security, licenses and audit including data recovery and storage;
- Overseeing and maintaining shared resources and assign rights to users for all IT-related equipment;
- Identifying, proposing and installing all IT hardware, software and services and ensure they are maintained in accordance with best practices; provide specialized support as appropriate (accounting, statistics, etc.)
- Managing security (virus protection, firewalls, etc.) and backup and disaster recovery procedures to ensure recovery of both data and services;
- Maintaining hardware and software inventory created with clear maintenance and replacement cycle;
- Providing user-friendly trouble-shooting support and technical support to all staff/users, and orient new users on IT policies and procedures.
- Helping to develop IT related policies and procedures; support and monitor organizational wide adherence.
- Supporting and training staff/users to make optimal use of office software.
- Be up to date on IT trends, issues, and developments that are of relevance to the organization
- Graphic design skills will be added advantage
- Overseeing WFT-Trust’s digital platforms, including the website and social media pages.
- Creating and maintaining a strong presence for WFT- Trust on social media, including responses that are in line with the organization’s views.
- Ensuring that all content developed and shared on digital platforms is in line with branding and communications guidelines, and upholds WFT- Trust’s values, core principles, and feminist identity.
Information Technology Officer Job Vacancy at WFT-Trust
- The role holder may be assigned out other duties by the Director of Finance and Operations or the Executive Director that are within the scope of the job.
- Promote WFT-Trust’s values and principles which include a feminist ethos, equality, collaborative ways of working, team-work and positive interaction with diverse staffing and stakeholder groups.
- Demonstrate WFT-Trust core values in all their professional relationships and any interactions that WFT-Trust stands for:
- The unconditional recognition of human rights for women, girls, and children regardless of class, ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, disability and age
- A universal culture of acknowledgement, respect and encouragement
- Leadership based on feminist values and principles
- Transparency, accountability and integrity
- Promotion of professionalism and thought leadership
- Solidarity and partnership building Core competencies
- Understanding and commitment to WFT-Trust’s feminist principles and approaches.
- Creativity in WFT-Trust work plus problem-solving.
- Constructive and effective communication.
- Capacity and willingness to make difficult decisions.
- Inclusive collaboration.
- Consistently respectful.
- Stakeholder engagement.
- Integrity and consistent leading by example.
- Professional excellence and consistent stewardship of WFT-Trust’s assets.
- Commitment to live the values highlighted in the WFT-Trust’s Strategic Framework.
- Awareness, sensitivity and commitment to gender and other equality issues.
Experience & Competencies
- A degree in IT;
- Technical proficiency in managing the above;
- At least five years’ experience related to your responsibilities;
- Can take initiative, and gets things done really well, and fast.
- Demystify IT for non-IT proficient users; providing helpful service that boosts use and confidence
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Kiswahili, including presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to work as part of a team.
Remuneration will be in line with the set staff scheme of work of the organization which considers the experience and qualifications of the candidate.
Applications: Interested applicants should send their application letter accompanied by resume with names and addresses of 3 professional referees (including telephone and e-mail) Applications are by e-mails only, sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate on the subject line the position you are applying for, Deadline for submission of applications is on the 05th June 2023
Please note: Only complete applications will be reviewed and only candidates who have been selected for interview will be contacted. Young feminist women & women living with disability are encouraged to apply.
WFT-Trust is an equal opportunity employer and has a Zero Tolerance policy to all forms of Corruption including sexual corruption, sexual exploitation, abuse, harassment and discrimination.
WFT-Trust has a Zero Tolerance Approach to all forms of corruption which is an offence for which immediate dismissal without benefits will result.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com