Houst, a property management company.
We are Houst; a professional management service for properties. Our mission is to make hosting hassle-free for everyone using technology to disrupt the short-term accommodation sector. We’ve grown fast. Since launching in 2015, we’ve partnered with thousands of happy hosts, helping them to make important earnings. The business has now expanded worldwide – we’re operating in over 20 cities globally, from Sydney to Lisbon, and there’s a lot more to come. From holidaymakers to full-time landlords, host happiness is central to everything we do.
We are looking for a cross-functional person to join the finance team. You will work closely with the other departments in the company to help them understand the financial part of the business. You will assist the other members of the finance team on the main month-end and year-end processes. Such a good opportunity to learn and gain experience in finance!
– Balance Sheet reconciliations such as operational accounts, account payables, account receivables, payroll, sales tax, payments processing and others
– helping with year-end statutory accounts;
– monthly inter-company reconciliations;
– managing the city tax for Spain and Portugal quarterly;
– working on hosts and guests related requests, financial queries from other departments (GEX, Operations, Customer Support)
– Help to identify and suggest improvements to reduce GEX and CS requests;
– booking revenue and creating the bills to pay on the accounting system in specific countries;
– checking outstanding invoices before paying the hosts;
– preparing lets bills, importing them on Xero, reconciling payments;
– assisting the finance team with ad-hoc assignments.
Junior Financial Assistant Job Vacancy at Houst
- Remote working
- Enviable company culture – we’ve put time into getting our work culture just right. Regular team social events, company-wide recognition of outstanding work.
- Employee discounts – at heaps of restaurants, shops, gym memberships, cinema tickets and more
- Enhanced Parental Leave – Family comes first. We offer great parental leave to spend time with your new child, regardless of your gender
- Pension – We provide a pension scheme for all permanent employees, in line with government requirements
- MacBook – For business use
- Plus an extra day off on your birthday (because who wants to work on their birthday
To apply for this job please visit jobs.workable.com.