Management and Development for Health
Laboratory Technician Job Vacancies at MDH
Job Title: Laboratory Technician
Reports to : Manager
Location: Dar es Salaam
Deadline: 2nd December 2022
Job Summary :
A Laboratory Technician, in research, testing and laboratory maintenance. Their duties include recording data, sterilizing equipment and ordering and organizing supplies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reading, understanding, and implementing SOPs for molecular analysis of HIV drug resistance and viral load.
- Performing daily QC checks on all laboratory processes and procedures for accurate and reliable test results.
- Performing pre-analytical procedures on all specimens received including but limited to inspections, registration, separation, and storage.
- Performing testing in molecular biology to determine level of HIV drug resistance and amount of HIV virus.
- Performing results analysis and interpretation and indicate in case of critical/panic results
- Preparing samples for shipping according to SOPs.
- Documenting daily operation, recalibration, preventive maintenance services, repair of machines/analyzers using operation, reagents, calibration, maintenance and corrective action logs.
- Troubleshooting minor technical faults in machines using operation manual, document the action, and report to laboratory supervisor.
- Analyzing PT samples/panels received for external quality control program and submit them within deadline.
- Checking and completing all the laboratory results in the Laboratory Information System or register book before validation/verification by a laboratory supervisor.
- Archiving all the source documents after testing in the appropriate files.
- Preparing summary reports of the machines/analyzers at the end of every week and month.
- Performing duty deemed necessary by the lab supervisor including but not limited to training of junior technicians and students.
- Observing all the quality requirements to fully support the laboratory towards accreditation.
Laboratory Technician Job Vacancy at MDH
Requirements, Education, work experience and skills
1. Bachelor degree in molecular biology or biotechnology.
- Laboratory quality management training is an added advantage.
- Minimum of two years’ experience of working in the HIV drug resistance laboratory settings.
- Ability to communicate fluently in both English and Kiswahili.
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a team with minimal supervision.
Special Employment Condition
Employment Contract that will end on 29th September 2023
How to Apply:
To Apply for this Job register or login to https://recruitment.mdh.or.tz/ and from the Dashboard click on Search Vacancies button.
The deadline for submitting the application is 2 December 2022.
Ready to Apply? proceed to register / login .
To apply for this job please visit recruitment.mdh.or.tz.