The World Food Programme is the food-assistance branch of the United Nations.
Logistics Associate G6 Job Vacancy at WFP
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
|Education:||Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.|
|Languages:||Fluency (level C) in both written and oral communication in English and Swahili languages.|
Job holders report directly to a Head of Sub Office – at Kasulu/Kigoma and technically to the Head of Logistics at the Country Office – Dar Es Salaam.
At this level, job holders demonstrate responsibility and initiative to respond independently to queries with only general guidance for all assistance modalities for both WFP and logistics common services. There is a requirement to use judgment in dealing with unforeseen problems on a daily basis. Job holders typically manage a small team, supervising and coaching staff.
To provide specialized support functions and/or supervise staff performing standard logistics/supply chain processes and activities to enable effective delivery of goods and services for all delivery modalities.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Provide specialized support to supply chain operations and activities, following standard processes and contributing, directly or indirectly, to the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
- Coordinate requisitioning and ensure timely delivery of commodities and supplies to authorized partners and destinations.
- Support management of supply chain vendors’ contracting activities including performance monitoring and measurement.
- Support gathering market intelligence and vendor assessments (e.g., transporters, food suppliers and retailers) to support the vendor selection process.
- Identify, resolve and/or provide recommendations on specialized technical queries/requests for support, using initiative and following standard processes, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of enquiries with excellent client service mind-set.
- Prepare, monitor and revise budget for all delivery modalities, ensuring adherence to relevant procedures and in compliance with corporate standards.
- Monitoring supply chain inventory management processes to track trends and account for the inventory status from source to beneficiary.
Logistics Associate G6 Job Vacancy at WFP
KEY ACCONTABILITIES CONTINUED
- Support oversight for commodity accounting data quality and integrity.
- Analyze operational pipeline and contribute to assessments and operational planning for all delivery modalities, to ensure that supply chain requirements are taken into consideration.
- Manage documentation processing for execution of logistics operations (e.g., commodity permits for movements in the camps, customs clearance, vendor invoice verification), and take appropriate actions to resolve operational issues escalating complex issues to the supervisor.
- Perform research, collect and compile data and conduct analysis, produce reports (e.g., CCTI, SPRs, financial closure, physical inventory, transport, and other vendors’ service performance) and ensure information accuracy in corporate systems to enable informed decision-making.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to support logistics operations management and contribute to effective service delivery.
- Supervise the work of support staff, providing practical advice and guidance, to ensure individual and team objectives are delivered to agreed standards and deadlines for all assistance modalities.
- Support logistics emergency preparedness and response activities including Logistics Capacity Assessment and Contingency Plan update, to support WFP’s response in emergencies.
View also: Replenishment Manager Job Vacancy at Wasoko
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Only Tanzanian nationals should apply.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
The deadline for applications is 12 March 2023.
To apply for this job please visit career5.successfactors.eu.