The World Food Programme is the food-assistance branch of the United Nations.
Logistics Officer (Cold Chain Logistics), SSA Job Vacancy at WFP
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
|Education:||University degree in transport and logistics, supply chain, economics (preferably transport economics), engineering, business management, or another related field.|
|Experience:||3 years or more of postgraduate professional experience in a relevant field of work, specifically in cold chain logistics management, with a background and interest in humanitarian development.|
|Languages:||Fluency in spoken and written English is required.|
The Logistics Officer (Cold Chain Logistics) will be reporting to the Head of Supply Chain.
The candidate will manage, lead on, and provide oversight to cold chain logistics operations partnering with the key supply chain functions to ensure an integrated supply chain approach to meeting the cold chain assistance needs of beneficiaries.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Contribute towards the development of cold chain logistics plans and processes ensuring compliance with wider logistics policies and WFP standards.
- Support cold chain logistics projects or operational day-to-day activities following standard processes and contributing, directly or indirectly, to the effective delivery of cold chain commodity assistance to beneficiaries.
- Collect and analyze data through research and networking with colleagues to recommend actions to the supervisor to improve performance of local cold chain logistics operations.
- Conduct portions of financial analysis and budget reviews, drawing out insights and recommending actions to the supervisor to optimize use of available funds.
- Guide support staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with analysis and queries.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES CONTINUED
6. Collate data and contribute to preparation of accurate and timely reporting, supporting a WFP wide view of cold chain logistics activities that enables informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
7. Support the capacity building of WFP staff and partners for efficient and effective delivery of cold chain commodity assistance to beneficiaries (i.e., through contribution to the training materials).
8. Identify and build productive relationships with cold chain logistics colleagues and staff within the area of assignment to support an integrated approach to cold chain commodity assistance.
9. Follow emergency cold chain logistics preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy cold chain commodities and needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
10. Act in an assigned emergency response capacity as required to meet emergency cold chain commodity assistance needs.
11.Perfom other related duties as assigned.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Understands WFP’s Strategic Objectives and the link to own work objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Flexibly adapts individual contributions to accommodate changes in direction from supervisors and internal/external changes (such as evolving needs of beneficiaries, new requirements of partners).
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Recognizes and shares with team members the ways in which individual contributions relate to WFP’s mission.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Sets own goals in alignment with WFP’s overall operations, and is able to communicate this link to others.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses to increase self-awareness, and includes these in conversations on own developmental needs.
- Create an inclusive culture: Participates in open dialogue, and values the diverse opinion of others, regardless of background, culture, experience, or country assignment.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Proactively seeks feedback and coaching to build confidence, and develop and improve individual skills.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Participates in accomplishing team activities and goals in the face of challenging circumstances.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Shows willingness to explore and experiment with new ideas and approaches in own work.
- Focus on getting results: Consistently delivers results within individual scope of work on time, on budget and without errors.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Commits to upholding individual accountabilities and responsibilities in the face of ever-changing country or functional priorities.
- Be Decisive: Makes rational decisions about individual activities when faced with uncertain circumstances, including in times of ambiguity regarding information or manager direction.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Seeks to understand and adapt to internal or cross-unit teams’ priorities and preferred working styles.
- Build strong external partnerships: Demonstrates ability to understand and appropriately respond to and/or escalate needs of external partners.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Portrays an informed and professional demeanor toward internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Provides operational support on analyses and assessments that quantifies and demonstrates WFP’s unique value as a partner.
Logistics Officer (Cold Chain Logistics), SSA Job Vacancy at WFP
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Supply Chain Management and Optimization||Analyses context of country challenges in order to lead the design and management of supply chain network, to proactively mitigate and/or address dynamic supply chain challenges, to ensure operational optimization.|
|Planning, Project & Resource Management||Collects and analyses relevant technical data from diverse sources to forecast operational needs under various scenarios and makes evidence-based proposals.|
|Information Management & Reporting||Ability to proactively identify gaps in information and findings, analyse and evaluate information, develop statistics, and translate into information management products to facilitate decision making and demonstrate performance.|
|Market Analysis, Contracting and Operational Execution||Demonstrates ability to collect market information and process and analyse proposals in line with WFP standard rules and regulations in order to deliver efficiently.|
|Warehouse and Inventory Management||Plans, coordinates and manages service providers and warehouse operations to promote safe, efficient, and sustainable operating procedures in the face of changing climates and conditions within region of expertise.|
|Technical Assistance and Coordination||Actively establishes and maintains networks, leads coordination and the provision of technical assistance, while demonstrating the ability to represent WFP to a broad spectrum of key stakeholders (e.g. providing services, and working with NDMOs/NDMAs).|
- Timely, cost-effective and efficient deliveries of cold chain commodities.
- Cold chain logistics operations and staff are managed, and leadership and oversight are provided.
- Effective partnership is maintained with the key cold chain logistics stakeholders and functions to ensure an integrated supply chain approach to meeting the cold chain assistance needs of beneficiaries.
- Timely, concise, and effective analytical cold chain logistics operations report for informed decision making.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
|Experience coordinating service providers’ contract execution.
Experience arranging supplier deliveries and the cold chain logistics operations (road, rail, air, sea and lakes)
Experience in evaluating offers and writing proposals.
Experience in report writing.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
All applications should be submitted through e-recruitment portal. Hand delivered applications will not be considered.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
The deadline for applications is 04 October 2022.
All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
To apply for this job please visit career5.successfactors.eu.