Website Tetra Tech
Position Description/Summary: Based in Iringa office and under the supervision of the COP, the full-time MEL Manager will be responsible for the development, management, continuous improvement and expansion of the MEL function within MUM. The MEL Manager will work directly with all technical and managing supervisors and other members of the technical team or their designees as directed. The MEL Manager will have overall responsibility for ensuring comprehensive implementation of the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Plan (MEL Plan) and will supervise one MEL Specialist.
- Lead implementation of quarterly review and annual Pause and Reflect sessions to review progress and discuss adaptations, using data for indicators and qualitative data from interactions and discuss Learning Questions with partners and beneficiaries to inform work plans.
- Build capacity among staff, partners, and other stakeholders in the area of MEL. The Specialist will provide the COP with monthly and quarterly progress reporting, including activities planned for the next quarter, in accordance with the approved work plan.
- Work with project staff and partners to measure success towards the project’s theory of change and implement the MEL Plan in order to track progress towards achievement of project goals and intermediate results.
- Supervise and provide oversight of M&E staff (one MEL Specialist) including delegating responsibilities, following-up on work plans, and leading the team to meet all expectations of the MEL Plan.
- Provide oversight and leadership in development, testing, training and implementation of a variety of data collection tools and systems.
- Assist with the production of monitoring and evaluation (M&E) reports for MUM according to the schedules required by the project.
- Provide quality control for the collection, analysis and reporting of indicator data including regular data quality checks.
- Ensure that MUM technical staff, consultants, grantees, partners, and subcontractors provide timely, accurate and reliable qualitative and quantitative data.
- Ensure that accurate and complete physical/hard and/or electronic copies of all M&E records are maintained, in accordance with the Tetra Tech filing policy.
- Compile and analyze MUM results for success stories, reports, and presentations, including collaboration with the Communications Specialist, PMT, and other technical staff.
- Provide training and capacity building to MUM staff and grantees to ensure compliance of data quality standards.
- Coordinate with project team on any geospatial analysis or mapping and provide the information for key learning activities and events.
- Provide support and management in using and maintaining cloud-based data management system.
- Coordinate internal reviews and modifications to the MEL Plan that may arise as a result of project-learning, or USAID-required changes to the MUM Task Order; track and implement revisions to the approved comprehensive MEL plan.
- Coordinate with Tetra Tech Home Office MEL team on all aspects of updating and implementation of MUM MEL Plan and MEL Systems.
- Work closely with technical managers to ensure program activity achievements and outcomes are fully documented throughout implementation, monitoring, and learning.
- When requested, represent MUM at USAID and other periodic M&E workshops.
- Ensure compliance with submissions to USAID’s Development Data Library (DDL) and Digital Information System (DIS).
- Other duties as assigned by the COP.
Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Manager for Tanzania MUM Activity Job Vacancy at Tetra Tech
- Master’s degree or equivalent and 7 years in relevant field OR Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 10 years in relevant field. Relevant degree in monitoring and evaluation, natural resources management or a related field.
- Experience working in monitoring and evaluation in rural water supply, sanitation, and natural resources management in Tanzania and/or East Africa. Experience in building and effectively supervising a diverse team of employees. Experience building capacity of local organizations. Exceptional, demonstrated management, organizational, conceptual, strategic, and analytical skills in monitoring, evaluation and learning. Experience as M&E team leader on similar donor funded projects in Tanzania is desired.
- Excellent knowledge of best practices of monitoring, evaluation and learning on USAID projects. Must be extremely detail oriented.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a high degree of social awareness on sensitive issues.
- Ability to multi-task effectively and prioritize with competing deadlines and priorities.
- Strong organizational skills with excellent ability to analyze and understand complex water, sanitation, and natural resources management projects at both high- and detailed-levels.
- Able to build and maintain excel files with standardized formula to calculate results accurately. * Experience working closely with a variety of individuals and organizations, including Tanzanian and US government officials, local communities, local NGOs, consultants, international agencies and donor organizations.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills, creative problem solving and ethical management.
- Be a team member, ethical, reliable, and self-motivated. Be transparent and proactive when problems arise. Able to multi-task and efficiently respond to the needs of the project and technical staff.
- Strong command of the English and Kiswahili Languages (written & oral).
- Tanzanian nationals strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit careers.tetratechintdev.com.