Website FutureSense Foundation (FSF)
FutureSense Foundation (FSF) is a small international development charity that works mainly in rural areas.
Through our long-term programmes in Education, Health and Livelihoods, we offer opportunities for individuals and groups to volunteer and work alongside our hub teams contribute to our in-country development work. Our volunteers mainly include UK and Australia based university and college students aged 16 and above that come to FutureSense Foundation through our sister organization; Challenges Abroad who work with the students and education partners, offering service learning opportunities for students to develop as Global Citizens and future leaders.
We are now looking for a full time (40h/week) energetic and passionate leader to join our team as the Operations Manager in our hub in Arusha, Tanzania. As the supervisor of all programme development, delivery and, volunteer activities in our Cambodia hub we require project and team management experience, strong customer service and group process management understanding, and excellent intercultural communication skills. Previous experience in delivering community development, youthwork and/or environmental protection projects with an organization involved in international development in a management role is highly desirable.
- Strategically plan and oversee the delivery, monitoring & evaluation, and development of all programmes in the hub.
- Identify areas of need and opportunities for growth through research, needs assessments, and partner evaluations.
- Uphold minimum programme delivery standards to ensure sustainable programme delivery, ethical practices, maximum impact and alignment with then UN Sustainable Development Goals.
- Uphold the partner engagement strategy to develop effective working relationships with local communities and partners to ensure community needs are being met and our programme outputs are effective.
- Ensuring appropriate training, mentoring and support for the in-country team, volunteers and partners to ensure high quality programme delivery.
- Strategically oversee the planning and implementation of project logistics to ensure high quality programme delivery and a positive project participant experience to grow our supporter base.
- Create, manage and report on all hub operational and project budgets
- Effectively manage and support your diverse in-country team to achieve operational targets
- Ensure the safety and security of the team, project participants and beneficiaries in line with our safeguarding policies
- Represent FutureSense Foundation locally and globally by sharing our work and upholding our organizational standards and values
Operations Manager – Tanzania Job Vacancy at FutureSense Foundation (FSF)
Required Qualifications & Experience
- Fluent English (written and spoken)
- Master’s degree or a minimum of 5 years of professional work experience
- Experience working with international volunteers and/or youth
- Experience living and working abroad and/or with people from different cultures
- Experience in leading and motivating a team (staff and/or volunteers)
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Basic knowledge and understanding of budget forecasting & reporting
- Basic knowledge and understanding of risk management & safeguarding
Required Skills & Competences
- Good strategic planning skills
- Strong communication and public speaking skills
- Strong networking and relationship management skills
- Strong customer service skills and ability to deal with conflict and overcome challenges
- Basic knowledge and understanding of Monitoring & Evaluation
- Good understanding of ethical practices in community development
Your Attitudes of Success
- A passion for community development, skills development and achieving results
- Willingness to participate in the actual programme delivery of the hub and ability to uphold FSF’s minimum standards on programme delivery
- Comfortable working in a flexible environment and prepared to go above and beyond and work long hours when needed
- Fluent or working knowledge of Swahili (written and spoken)
- First Aid qualification and certificate
- Experience in delivering educational workshops for children youth and/or adults
Please note that all new management positions are subject to a 3-month probationary period.
Start date: End 2022
We are passionate about making a difference to individuals and communities we serve, always acting with integrity, empathy and energy to develop innovative solutions to meet their aspirations.
Salary: 800,000-1,000,000 TZS per month
To apply for this job please visit www.idealist.org.