Website Nature Conservancy
TNC is a global conservation organization dedicated to conserving the lands and waters on which all life depends.
Operations Officer, Northern Tanzania Program Office Job Vacancy at Nature Conservancy.
HO WE ARE
The mission of The Nature Conservancy (TNC) is to conserve the lands and waters upon which all life depends. As a science-based organization, we develop innovative, on-the-ground solutions to the world’s toughest environmental challenges so that people and nature can thrive. Our work is guided by our values, which include a commitment to diversity and respect for people, communities, and cultures. From a rewarding mission to career development and flexible schedules, there are many reasons to love life #insideTNC. Want to know more? Check out our TNC Talent playlist on YouTube to hear stories from staff or visit Glassdoor.
One of TNC’s primary goals is to cultivate an inclusive work environment so that employees around the globe have a sense of belonging and feel that their unique contributions are valued. We know we’ll only achieve our mission by hiring and engaging a diverse staff that reflects the communities in which we work. Recognizing that people bring talent and skills that have been developed outside the scope of a job, we take a holistic approach to recruitment that considers life experience in addition to the professional requirements listed in our postings. Please apply – we’d love to hear from you. To quote a popular saying at TNC, “you’ll join for the mission, and you’ll stay for the people.”
WHAT WE CAN ACHIEVE TOGETHER
The Operations Officer will work towards meeting the strategic priorities of the program by implementing tactics for approved plans and completing day-to-day tasks and activities. Reporting to the Associate Operations Manager-Africa Region, the position will be based at the TNC office in Arusha, Tanzania.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR YOU
The Operations Officer will work as part of a team within a business unit coordinating tasks related to one or more functional activities, such as operations support, procurement, meetings management, special events, training, volunteer program.
- Perform specific administrative support to Arusha and Dar es Salaam based TNC employees and make day-to-day decisions within the scope of work assignments and prioritize work independently.
- Identify routine problems and utilize existing resources for resolution, referring difficult questions and problems to supervisor.
- Supervise volunteers, interns, or temporary staff, including training and orientation and demonstrate sensitivity in handling confidential information
- Financial responsibility include purchasing, processing invoices, contracting with vendors, and assisting with budget tracking and participate in annual audit processes.
- Managing of office petty cash and ensuring timely replenishment in accordance to Finance standard operating procedures
- Responsible for planning and scheduling of team meetings, coordinating logistics for special events and/or meetings, workshops, trainings with partners and government stakeholders purchasing, central filing and program Inventory.
- Ensure compliance with the statutory obligations, renewal of business permits, payment of signage fees, and compliance with NGO requirements for TNC Tanzania.
- Coordinate transport logistics; Fleet/vehicle management; booking travel and accommodation for TNC and non-TNC travelers (both local and international).
- Be willing to travel, work overtime, and work evenings and weekends as needed
- Work environment involves only infrequent exposure to disagreeable elements and minor physical exertion and/or strain of
Operations Officer, Northern Tanzania Program Office Job Vacancy at Nature Conservancy
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 years related experience or equivalent combination.
- Finance/Accounting experience.
- Experience coordinating projects.
- Experience generating financial reports and analyzing and interpreting data.
- Experience developing and administering departmental budget or equivalent.
- Experience managing multiple central administrative processes.
- Experience working across departments.
- Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural or cross-cultural experiences are appreciated.
- Ability to implement complex processes.
- Demonstrated experience handling confidential information.
- Demonstrated experience using diplomacy and tact to build strong relationships and motivate staff.
- Experience interpreting guidelines to achieve desired results.
- Experience supervising staff, interns and/or volunteers.
- Strong organization and negotiating skills, accuracy, attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Experience in supporting Human Resource processes.
WHAT WE BRING
Since 1951, TNC has been doing work you can believe in. Through grassroots action, we have grown from a small non-profit into one of the most effective and wide-reaching environmental organizations in the world. Thanks to more than 1 million members, over 400 scientists, and the dedicated efforts of our diverse staff and partners, we impact conservation around the world!
TNC offers competitive and comprehensive benefits packages tailored to the individual countries where we work. These may include health care benefits, retirement benefits, parental leave, paid time off, life insurance, and disability coverage as well as an employee assistance program and other life and well-being benefits. Learn more about our benefits on our Culture Tab on nature.org/careers.
We’re proud to offer a flexible work environment that supports the health and well-being of the people we employ.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
TNC is committed to offering accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org with Request for Accommodation in the subject line.
To apply for this job please visit careers.nature.org.