Website St. Constantine International School (SCIS)
St. Constantine's International School (SCIS) is an English-medium, non-denominational, international school.
PRIMARY SCHOOL YEAR 1 TEACHING ASSISTANT
St. Constantine’s International School (SCIS) is a non-denominational, co-educational, day and boarding, international school. It is a member of Round Square and Cambridge international examinations, currently serving 600 students (including 70 boarders) from over 30 different countries. It is the largest international school in northern Tanzania and has gorgeous gardens and playing fields, sitting in beautiful tree-lined surroundings under Africa’s 5th highest mountain, Mount Meru, on the world-class northern game park circuit. The school follows the EYFS in early years, the Cambridge International Programme from Year 1-9, and then IGCSE and A-level programmes. Tanzania has, for a long time, been one of Africa’s safest and most stable countries and the cost of living is very reasonable. In addition to teaching assistant responsibilities, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to deliver inquiry-based lessons that inspire, engage, and enthuse our students as explorers in learning. Successful candidates will also possess the energy and enthusiasm to contribute to our wide range of extra-curricular programmes, including those centered around the Round Square network.
St. Constantine’s International School is seeking a Year 1 Teaching Assistant to be based on our Main Campus in Burka, commencing as soon as possible.
- Competitive terms of employment and outstanding working conditions.
- Favourable salary package commensurate with the position.
- Opportunity to work with a team of highly supportive and creative colleagues from all over the world.
- Excellent Professional Development.
- The chance to educate some of the loveliest children and young people you will ever meet.
Primary School Year 1 Teaching Assistant Job Vacancy at St. Constantine International School (SCIS)
- Teaching diploma. A degree would be an advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of the Cambridge Curriculum in terms of what it is and how to support / deliver it in the classroom.
- Clear understanding of assessment strategies and techniques in the lower Primary years.
- Passion for teaching and a commitment to educating the whole child.
- Ability to work effectively in small and large teams.
- Willingness and ability to teach a small number of lessons as required.
- Recent and consistent involvement in extracurricular activities will be an advantage.
Early applications are advised. We reserve the right to appoint a suitable candidate before the closing date of the application.
Applicants will be required to submit a letter of application and CV, together with copies of their education certificates and police clearance to the Head of Primary School, Mr Jamel Badaoui, at email@example.com . On your CV, please include the names and contact email addresses of three professional referees.
SCIS is totally committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects the same from its employees. All new staff will be subject to detailed and enhanced pre-employment clearance, including identity checks, criminal background checks for all countries lived in, qualification checks, employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps in employment, and satisfactory reference checks for all employment in the last 5 years.
Due to the expected high volume of applications, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Closing date: 4pm, Friday 23rd September 2022.
Location: Arusha, Tanzania
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org