Website UN Women
UN Women, is a United Nations entity working for gender equality and the empowerment of women.
- Provide advanced administrative and logistical support to the formulation and management of WLER Project
- Provide advanced administrative support and inputs in the preparation of programme work plans, budgets, and proposals on programme implementation arrangements;
- Provide technical guidance to the country offices and executing agencies on routine delivery and reporting of programme supported activities and finances;
- Coordinate the collection of information for the audit of programmes/ projects and support implementation of audit recommendations;
- Contribute to the development or update of standard operating procedures, guidelines, checklists, templates and business processes in programme and project management;
- Review programme data from programmes/ projects for CO website;
- Identify sources, and gather and compile data and information for documents, guidelines, speeches and position papers.
- Provide advanced administrative support to the financial management of the WLER Project
- Create projects in Atlas, prepare budget revisions, revise project awards and status; and determine unutilized funds and the operational and financial close of a project;
- Monitor budget preparation and the finances of programmes/projects; prepare periodic reports; finalize FACE forms;
- Review financial reports; prepare non-PO vouchers for development projects;
- Maintain internal expenditures control system; post transactions in Atlas;
- Create requisitions in Atlas for development projects; register good receipts in Atlas;
- Prepare and follow up of cost-recovery bills in Atlas.
- Provide advanced administrative support to the WLER Project
- Oversee all logistical, administrative and financial arrangements for organization for meetings, workshops, events, and missions;
- Oversee travel arrangements for the Programme Team, including travel requisitions and claims;
- Prepare public information materials and briefing packets;
- Liaise with high level officials on administrative issues;
- Prepare and assemble briefing materials and prepare power-point and other presentations; contribute inputs to the materials;
- Provide administrative support to Resource Mobilization
- Prepare cost-sharing and other agreements; follow up on contributions within the CO resource mobilization efforts;
- Organize, compile and process information from donors, Country Office, and programme team, as inputs to various databases and documents.
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Support synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices related to programme management and finance;
- Coordinate the organization of training for the office staff and partners on programme and operations related issues.
Key Performance Indicators
- Timely and accurate support to events, workshops, and missions;
- Full compliance of administrative activities with UN Women rules, regulations, policies and procedures;
- Timely recording of overall programme unit finances;
- Timely and accurate tracking of data for CO management and donor purposes;
- Quality maintenance of internal systems;
- Quality background and presentation materials.
Programme Associate – Women’s Leadership & Economic Rights Job Vacancy at UN Women
- Respect for Diversity;
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues;
- Creative Problem Solving;
- Effective Communication;
- Inclusive Collaboration;
- Stakeholder Engagement;
- Leading by Example.
- Strong knowledge of programme management;
- Ability to create, edit, synthesize and present information in clear and presentable formats;
- Ability to administer and execute administrative processes and transactions;
- Ability to provide input to business process re-engineering, elaboration and implementation of new data management systems;
- Ability to manage data, documents, correspondence and reports information and workflow;
- Excellent financial and budgeting skills;
- Excellent IT skills.
Education And CertificationRequired Skills and Experience
- Completion of secondary education required;
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Public Administration is an asset.
- At least 7 years of progressively responsible experience in administration or programme management/support;
- Experience in working in a computer environment using multiple office software packages;
- Experience in the use of ATLAS is an asset;
- Experience of working in the UN System is an asset;
- Experience in supporting a team.
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili is required.
At UN Women, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment of mutual respect. UN Women recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, ability, national origin, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, competence, integrity and organizational need.If you need any reasonable accommodation to support your participation in the recruitment and selection process, please include this information in your application.UN Women has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UN Women, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to UN Women’s policies and procedures and the standards of conduct expected of UN Women personnel and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. (Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.)
To apply for this job please visit jobs.undp.org.