SolidarMed places health care at the heart of all its activities.
We have an exciting position for an experienced professional to join our field team in Tanzania.
“A Good Start” project
100% one-year fixed contract with a possibility of an extension.
Place of Assignment
Ifakara, Morogoro, Tanzania, with possible travels to the 3 project sites: Morogoro, Mahenge and Kibaoni.
Start of Contract – January 2023
Reporting to: Project Manager “A Good Start” project
SolidarMed improves health care for 2.5 million people in Lesotho, Mozambique, Tanzania, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Kenya, South Africa, and India. We strengthen existing medical facilities and train local health personnel. Our projects are developed in close cooperation with local partners such as hospitals, health centres and health authorities, supported by our health experts on the ground. SolidarMed’s vision is access to good health care, and we strategically focus on:
- Protecting mothers, children, and adolescents.
- Fighting diseases such as malaria, HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, and cancer
- Improving the quality of health service provision at health facilities and communities – Primary Health Care and Community Health.
- Supporting the training and further education of health staff.
- Sharing knowledge and raising awareness.
SolidarMed works efficiently, conscientiously, and transparently. SolidarMed continuously reviews all projects for their effectiveness and improves them accordingly.
In Tanzania, SolidarMed has been active since 1999. From the very beginning, SolidarMed has partnered with the Government of Tanzania to improve the quality of health service provision at the hospitals and primary health care facilities including training to skilled health staff in Manyara and Morogoro regions. Through our integrated approach in and with the health system at all levels, SolidarMed strengthens the synergies between the different levels of the health system and thus fostering improvement in processes and active participation of both, right holders, and duty bearers.
In 2022 SolidarMed started the implementation of a new project: ‘A Good Start” project implemented in 3 different Government Health Facilities: Morogoro Regional Referral Hospital, Mahenge District Hospital and Kibaoni Health Centre. The main goal of the project is to improve neonatal survival in the 3 Facilities.
The project assistant will be member of the project team and support the activities implementation of the project within the framework of the project documents under the supervision of the project manager. The project assistant will be required to work closely with SolidarMed team.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Assist in procurement activities following SolidarMed procurement policy: negotiation with suppliers, follow-up of goods delivery and assure that all documents are recorded in digital folder.
- Assist in administrative procedures: preparation of required documents, follow-up of payments, assure that all documents are recorderd in digital folder.
- Assist in preparing contracts.
- Assist in organizing project activities such as trainings, meetings.
- Assist the project manager in the overall implementation of the project activities.
- Maintain a continue line of communication with the project manager.
- Exchange regularly knowledge and experience with other projects in SolidarMed program and other project partners in all levels.
- Adhere to SolidarMed rules and regulations, such as the Code of Conduct, the Organization Handbook, and the Integrity Policies
- Enhance reputation and visibility of SolidarMed locally, nationally and all other levels.
Project Assistant Job Vacancy at SolidarMed
- Degree in relevant field such as social sciences, international relations, project management, administration.
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in a similar position with special focus in: administration, procurement, logistics. Previous experience in an NGOs is an asset.
- Interest in healthcare development projects and international cooperation.
- Knowledge and experience in the project cycle management and use of log frame.
- Good communication, facilitation, and interpersonal skills capable of maintaining strong relationships.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Applied Computer skills – MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint, Microsoft Teams
- Strong working knowledge of English and Kiswahili (spoken and written).
- Cultural awareness and ability to work in a international environment with people from different background and culture.
- Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours to ensure urgent tasks to be performed.
Recommended: Read our Job Tips Here to enhance your Application
Check Out : A Guide to Writing Great Cover Letters
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application to firstname.lastname@example.org citing reference Project Assistant and include –
- Your CV maximum three pages with three referees.
- A maximum one pager covering letter outlining your motivation.
Deadline for submission of application is 18th of November 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com