Building Rural Incomes Through Entrepreneurship
Project Coordinator Job Vacancy at BRiTEN
M4P PROJECT COORDINATOR
Who we are;
BRiTEN (Building Rural Incomes Through Entrepreneurship is a non-profit organization dedicated to bringing about a paradigm shift among the rural communities in conceiving of their livelihoods as going beyond providing for the family’s subsistence needs and moving into a business-minded frame of mind that harnesses competitive advantage. Our approach is on understanding the market system and understanding how to bring about a large scale systemic change by addressing the underlying causes with a commitment to sustainability
Our principal goal in Agricultural Interventions is to increase incomes and improve rural livelihoods for smallholder farmers by ensuring their integration into value chains while creating efficiencies for all other market actors. We aim at ensuring that the value chains are inclusive for women, men young men and young women.
Project Purpose and Outcomes for Pilot Phase
Project Purpose – Improvement of bean marketing through access and adoption of improved seed varieties, improved post-harvest handling and farmer group aggregation
Expected Systemic Changes:
Farm level changes: increased smallholder competitiveness and inclusiveness into the bean value- chain through improved quality of produce which will fetch good price.
Market level changes: improved market functions resulting from improved coordination of the value chain leading to enhanced contractual relationships of producers and private sector leading to increased trust.
The project will critically address challenges around coordination and market access segments of the value chain which will lead to the development of sustainable and scalable approaches to job creation and increased incomes:
Outcome 1: Improved bean seed varieties are commercially available to smallholder women, men and youth farmers in Njombe and Ruvuma regions
Outcome 2: Smallholder women, men and youth farmers purchase improved bean varieties from the availed commercial channels in Njombe and Ruvuma regions
Outcome 3: Smallholder farmers in Njombe and Ruvuma regions improve their agronomic practices for bean farming
Outcome 4: Farmer organizations increase collective action for their members (smallholder women, men and youth farmers)
Outcome 5: Smallholder women, men and youth farmers increase the market share in the common beans market
Our Co-Facilitator /Partner believes that enabling large-scale systemic change targeting market systems critical for the productive poor, for marginalized women and youth, creates a much stronger chance of achieving a sustained pro-poor impact. The partners are mutually supportive of the goal of funding Governments which aims to increase incomes and employment opportunities for poor women, men, and young people in Tanzania.
The Project will facilitate the emergence of new market systems to supply small holder farmers with reliable, high quality agro inputs and access to extension support which in return will increase volumes, the quality of production and connect farmers to markets.
Project Coordinator Job Vacancy at BRiTEN
Who we are looking for
The Project Coordinators main role in the market development systems project is to provide oversight and coordination to the implementing clients (MAs & SPs) and other stakeholders along the target value chains. BRiTEN is looking for a qualified professional to fill the position of a Project Coordinator. This role is an exciting opportunity for a highly qualified and experienced development professional. Specific technical expertise in M4P is a must. We are looking for someone who has proven leadership and Project Management Skills and experience in development programs as well as delivering Projects working with agricultural value chains.
Roles and Responsibilities.
- Planning. The Project Coordinator must develop and manage the entire project schedule including make plans to reach the objectives of the project in relation to the budget and Must be able to identify performance and impact indicators
- Leading. The Project Coordinator must be a Team He/she must lead the team to make sure results are delivered harmoniously.
- Execution. The Project Coordinator must devise strategies to make sure the plans are put in action in relation to the timelines and
- Time management. He/she must ensure that every activity is aligned to the timelines to meet the objectives of the project within the designated
- He/she is responsible to make plans in accordance to the budgets and make sure all activities align with the budgets to avoid any inconveniences that may jeopardize the running of the project.
- The Project Coordinator must ensure that the data collection is done on time following the right procedures and tools, Reports are prepared and submitted on time and all relevant actions must be approved and documented for future review and referencing.
- Project maintenance and sustainability. The Project Coordinator must have strategies in place that foresee the sustainability of the objectives of the Project even after the Project has
- The project Coordinator should coordinate regular project meetings with all market actors/project staff and follow up with all open issues.
- Develop a sound understanding of the M4P facilitation based interventions in the agriculture sector and its supporting markets including demonstrating a clear understanding of the market opportunities for the rural
- Develop a monitoring and evaluation plan in collaboration with the Results and Knowledge Manager
- Manage the results chain including providing key insights on program results, lessons learned, strategies for course correction and amending the results
- A degree in Agriculture, Business or Social Sciences from a reputable training Institution, a Master Degree is an added
- A minimum of 4 years of experience working in a development organization
- Knowledge and experience in Market systems approach (M4P)
- Possess Social Organizational skills and experience in any of the agricultural value
- Experience in setting up, developing and managing programs in the private sector/ market
- Excellent communication and team leading
- Excellent computer
BRiTEN is an equal opportunity employer application from a diverse range of candidates are welcome. Eligible candidates should send their applications to email@example.com later than the 7th of September 2022.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org