VillageReach improves the capacity and reach of health systems in rural, low-income countries in sub-Saharan Africa.
Recruiter Job Vacancy at VillageReach
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position currently has no direct reports. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, and directing work; addressing complaints and resolving recruitment related problems.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field
- 2 – 4 years of experience in HR role, preferably in an international development or other global context.
- 1 – 2 years demonstrated experience leading recruitment.
- Relevant HR Recruiter certification will have added advantage.
- Experience using ATS and HRIS systems. Fearless with technical systems. Ability to create and implement various sourcing strategies for recruitment for a variety of roles.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel) and comfortable in a fast-paced technical environment.
- Proven success in conducting interviews using various methods (phone, video, email, in-person)
- Familiarity with a variety of job boards.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines, prioritize tasks and the ability to be agile in a dynamic and uncertain environment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, a wide range of relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Good knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations both at the local and global level preferred
- Established cultural competency in partnering with racial, cultural and linguistically diverse groups.
- Comply with VillageReach’s COVID-19 vaccination policy which requires full vaccination for in-person work or travel.
- Demonstrated understanding of challenges with working in rural, underserved and low-income context; experience living in and/or working in a low-income country a plus.
- Fluency in verbal and written English required, French and/or Portuguese preferred.
Environment and Physical Demands:
VillageReach has no private offices, employees work in a shared, open environment with task and conference rooms accessible to employees for privacy and meetings. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. Due to the time zone differences between our USA office and our Country Offices and location of other global staff, US based staff are expected to be available for early morning meetings starting at 6am. In addition, our Regional Africa based staff and Country office staff are expected to be available for late afternoon/evening meetings up to 6pm.
Role will involve significant time at a computer using keyboard and mouse. Should be able to lift 15lbs. There will be some in person presence required for training facilitation as needed.
Recruiter Job Vacancy at VillageReach
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY & INCLUSION:
VillageReach is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. We believe that diverse, equitably weighted perspectives foster an organizational capacity to create novel solutions that improve health in the most underserved and hard-to-reach areas. To align our values, innovations and impact, VillageReach is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse global workforce.
VillageReach is committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults, and beneficiaries with whom it engages. We expect everyone working with us to share this commitment through our code of conduct.All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which may include criminal records. VillageReach participates in the Misconduct Disclosure Scheme and, in line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse, and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By applying, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.