Website ENGIE Energy Access
With over 80% of Africans living without modern, affordable, safe and reliable energy, access to energy is a key activity for us in Africa.
About ENGIE Energy Access
ENGIE Energy Access is one of the leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable, and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIE Mobisol and ENGIE PowerCorner; and develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services, and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy.
The PAYGo solar home systems are financed through affordable instalments from $0.19 per day and the minigrids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities. With over 1,700 employees, operations in nine countries across Africa (Benin, Côte d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zambia), almost 1.5 million customers and over 7 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to remain the leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.
This person will be responsible to lead and manage a team of Acquisition & Collection Agents, Installations Technician, Dual Contractors, and their customers – responsible for the full customer cycle i.e., Acquisition, Collect, Recover, Maintain and Fulfil.
Managing Installation and Maintenance Technicians
- Coordinate Installation Technicians and Maintenance technicians to ensures systems are installed and maintained.
- Support recruitment of new Installation and maintenance technicians in the acquisition Region.
- Prepare the monthly installation monitoring report for the Zonal Service Coordinator
- Review Control monthly commission payments and payroll follow up on faulty installations and inform Finance Department about deductions.
- Ensure repossessions are aligned and coordinated effectively and efficiently with focus to both customer and business profitability
- Identify the need for and recruit new contractors with support from Service Network Team Leader
- Responsible for disciplinary for installations and maintenance technicians
- Gathering benchmark data for assessment purpose and analysis of causes of portfolio deterioration.
- Conduct initial assessment to establish the applicant’s character to eliminate the risk of default.
- Managing assigned portfolio by attending work-out categories that should be applied to customers in late repayment such as recovery, extension of grace period, rescheduling, or repossession.
- Providing regular portfolio, compliance and routing report to the Supervisor as required
- Ensure remedial action is taken when required to keep performance in line with business objectives.
- Completing assigned tasks in line with applicable policies, guidelines, processes, and procedures.
- Review and update credit and loan files.
- Weekly planning and conducting field visits to undertake loan workout activities such as recovery, rescheduling or repossession and further find out why customers are not repaying and advise them on repayment options.
- Handle customer complaints and take appropriate action to resolve them.
- Follow up and solving all difficult cases that may involve missing customers, theft, forgery etc.
- Informing and reporting to ZBM about weekly routing, field visits, and difficult customer cases which need either in-depth negotiation or legal measures.
- Managing the daily work and activities of shop acquisition and collection agents.
- Deal with complex scenarios that may occur at the shop such theft, fire, violence etc.
- Participating in the recruitment of new acquisition and collection agents and training of new and agents.
- Conduct periodic performance review of acquisition and collection agents.
- Ensure Health, safety and environmental standards are adhered to, through Zonal Service Coordinators.
- Undertaking any other duties which may be assigned by the Line Management from time to time.
Knowledge and skills
- 2+ years of relevant sales and operational management experience in a medium sized company
- Previous experience in a managerial position is an added advantage.
- Experience in Customer Relationship Management
- Previous experience in Credit Management activities/roles
Regional Business Executive Job Vacancies at ENGIE Energy Access – 2 Positions
- Degree and/or experience in Sales and marketing, Business Administration, Microfinance or its equivalent.
- Kiswahili fluency (writing, speaking and reading)
- English fluency (writing, speaking and reading)
- Experience in using Microsoft applications, computer, and smartphone literate.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however due to the large volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ENGIE is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All applications are screened based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without any regard to origin, age, name, sexual identity, orientation or preference, religion, marital status, health, disability, political opinions, union involvement or citizenship. Our differences are our strengths!
Application Deadline: 1st May 2023
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.