Website Diageo / SBL
Producer of Beer and Spirits
Job Description :
From Arthur Guinness to Johnnie Walker, our business was founded on people of great character, and in 250 years, nothing’s changed. We’re the world’s leading premium alcohol company. Our brands are industry icons. And our success is thanks to the strength of our people, in every role. It’s why we trust them with our legacy. And it’s why we reward them with the career-defining opportunities that they deserve. Our ambition is to create the best performing, most trusted and respected Consumer Products Company in the world. To achieve these, we need the world’s very best people. Feel inspired? Then this may be the opportunity for you.
SBL was incorporated in 1988 as Associated Breweries Limited and changed its name to Serengeti Breweries Limited in 2002 and commenced commercial operations in 1996 with one brewery in Dar es Salaam. The company was acquired by EABL in October 2010 and has three breweries located in Dar es Salaam, Mwanza and Moshi.
SBL flagship brand is Serengeti Premium Lager. Other brand portfolios include Guinness and Plisner. Headquartered in Dar es Salaam, SBL is also the distributor of several global Diageo international renowned spirit brands such as Johnnie Walker®, Smirnoff Vodka®, Bailey’s Irish Cream ®, Richot®, Bond 7 Whiskey® and Gilbeys Gin®.
Purpose of Role
To lead and manage end- to-end the vision for long term Category Growth Strategy across the business identifying the drivers and sources of growth to positively impact business performance.
b) Leadership Responsibilities and Decision Making Rights
- Strategic thinking – lead the development of integrated business plan to deliver multiple objectives across different product categories, brands, and channels.
- Shape the future – lead breakthrough thinking for SBL to unlock market growth opportunity.
- Commercial acumen – a commercial expert with ability to execute category, brand, and channel strategies through different RTM. Exceptional understanding of the point of purchase levers and resource required to execute.
- Analytical skills –ability to synthesize and analyze data, generating meaningful insights and recommendations.
- Agility to work in a fast moving, matrix organization and the ability to build strong relationships to deliver amazing outcomes.
- Invest in talent – have the freedom to succeed, have the courage to deliver and be collaborative.
- Leads the vision for long term Category Growth Strategy across the business identifying the drivers and sources of growth and then partnering with sales, brand and customer marketing to deliver tailored objectives by channel & customer segment.
- Lead the development and implementation of SBL Revenue Growth Management strategies to deliver commercial plan across all channels to achieve financial targets and market share.
- Use data science and technology to formulate the Picture of Success and guide the business to prioritize interventions.
- Establish rigorous and continuous tracking of the external environment to highlight risks and opportunities relating to the delivery of SBL strategy and plan. Be proactive in mitigating risk, exploring, and testing hypothesis.
- Develop proposal to allocate trade investment across channels and customers based on customer segmentation, NSV size and strategic importance.
- Inspire strategic customers to partner with SBL to fuel the future of TBA via compelling category vision and plans.
- Build an amazing team of thought leaders who establish trust and credibility for shaping the future with both internal and external stakeholders.
Revenue Growth Manager Job Vacancy at Diageo / SBL
Qualifications and experience required
Graduate degree in business or other disciplines that require quantitative knowledge
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant experience in strategy and planning roles,
- Understands the end-to-end value chain.
- Strong evidence of being a catalyst for change, using data and insight to provoke and inspire a different future and ability to influence stakeholders to execute.
- Analytical and strategic skills – must be able to synthesize marketing and commercial information to draw insights and actionable recommendations (e.g., structure the problem, collect data, identify issues, and present results)
- Evidence of strong management of a P&L, demonstrable examples of balanced and effective investment decisions and market share growth, plus a history of in-flight Business Performance Management and course correction.