National Bank of Commerce
NBC is the oldest serving bank in Tanzania with over five decades of experience. We offer a range of retail, business, corporate and investment banking, wealth management products and services.
To coordinate, plan & deliver day-to-day team tasks & activities in order to execute risk services accurately & timeously in support of org. policy compliance through the execution of predefined objectives as per agreed SOPs.
- Develop highly motivated team maintaining excellent relationships with own team and wider team to ensure achievement of business goals.
- Provide leadership to the limits management and the monitoring and control team within the Risk Control Unit (RCU) in line with the Team’s overall strategy.
- Help identify training needs and provide coaching to all members of the RCU to improve performance.
- Act as a role model and drive proactive application of NBC Values and Behaviours throughout the team.
- Work closely with the Relationship team and Credit team (Corporate Credit Managers – CCMs) to ensure effective management of day to day staff resources to ensure that procedures and processes are followed as per RCU standard operating manual, that appropriate support is provided to the RMs and CCMs and that added value is provided where possible.
- Responsible for monitoring & control of Corporate live portfolio to assure adherence terms & conditions of sanctions identifying any areas within the portfolio that are cause for concern / potential cause for concern. Communication both up and down the reporting lines.
- Limits Managements E2E process
- Excess monitoring and risk reports management
- Covenants management/monitoring E2E process
- Post Disbursement process
- Tracking completeness of all conditions as per sanction terms
- Maintenance of robust and fully updated and automated database
- Monitoring and management of Arena Credit Limits
- Act as a source of technical excellence and point of reference in relation to limits & monitoring and control activities for the CCMs, RMs and RCU.
- Manage the maintenance / improvement of the administration quality of the portfolio (as detailed in the RCU operating/process manual).
- Maintain interactive relationship with CCMs and RMs to ensure rectifying the outstanding issues.
- Quarterly review of the Corporate Credit Key Risks and their mitigating controls by way of RCSA testing and guidelines.
- Own and monitor the achievement of agreed targets for risk performance measures by the RCU team taking corrective action where applicable.
- Responsible for the rectification & documentation of any recommendations arising out of Audit/Assurance, Conformance and Central Bank examination reports on the Credit Risk.
- Ensure RCU have the resources required to enable compliance with any external / internal regulations regarding Credit Risk.
- Manage production and review of Financial Covenant Monitoring tool (Post Sanction fulfilments Tool) detailing outstanding issues regards covenant breaches etc.
- Managing and reviewing of the Daily Refer List to ensure excesses have been approved and appropriately diarized to check clearance.
- Improve quality of audits. Will be supporting the RCU head as point of contact for both internal and external auditors.
- Management of maintenance, review & follow up of a complete automated Diary System detailing deficiency & deferrals/loans repayment dates/ excesses clearance dates/dated securities & covenants.
- Management of the Financial Covenant and Internal Risk Trigger Monitoring systems/data in regards to its integrity of capturing, advising and escalation of overdue and failed / breached covenants.
- Tracking of issues raised in a weekly tracker circulated by Documentation and Securities Centre.
- Monitoring and control of excesses and violation on Arena Credit Limits.
- Supporting RMs and Treasury in making sure capital guarantees are in place for the exposures that breach single borrower’s limits,
- Ensure a consistent quality of service to RCU stakeholders.
- Work in partnership with CCMs and RMs on new and existing customers to ensure perfect limits loading & monitoring according to sanction requirements.
- Work in partnership with colleagues and proactively anticipate, respond to and seek to exceed the expectations of customers.
- Attend meetings with the CCMs/ RMs or Operations if problem related issues are to be discussed / need to be resolved.
Risk Control Unit Manager Job Vacancy at NBC
- Develop and maintain a close working relationship with Relationship Managers, Credit Managers and Services and Delivery Area.
- Support the Head of RCU in delivering effective PDs for individuals within the team
- Owner of the RCU Post Sanction fulfilment Tool and its relative monthly/quarterly/annual reporting.
- Participate & encourage team in team activities, social occasions and community drives
Digital familiarity (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Experience in a similar environment, Higher Diplomas – Business, Commerce and Management Studies, Leading people – Team level (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Openness to change (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Process optimisation (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Reasoning (Meets all of the requirements), Risk Management (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development)
- Location:Head Office NBC
How to Apply:
To apply for this job please visit absa.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.