Nedbank Group is a financial services group in South Africa
Risk Officer Job Vacancy at Nedbank
To facilitate and support the effective management of the Enterprise Wide and Operational Risk Frameworks in order to manage current and emerging risks to assist Nedbank in achieving its objectives.
- Improve work processes, productivity and reduce costs by offering innovative ideas and input to Group Risk and/or stakeholders and through soliciting input from managers and colleagues.
- Develop risk plans that enable the implementation of hte business strategy by breaking it down into targets and obtaining approval of plan from relevant strategic committees such as EXCO, ERCO, BUCC, OPCOM, etc.
- Ensure compliance with regulations and prevent losses by facilitating risk management in the business and by engaging with relevant stakeholders regarding risk related issues.
- Ensure alignment of area business processes to the Group Risk Framework by participating and providing information to Nedbank Risk Committees.
- Keep business updated on a regular basis and analyse information generated from the risk exercises by ensuring that risk monitoring exercises across the business take place and are in line with all known risks.
- Ensure business processes and systems are functioning by identifying and documenting risks.
- Ensure the business fully complies with risk standards by revising cluster risk process guidelines.
- Mitigate risks by providing the business with relevant information, guidance and advice based on regulatory standards, compliance and audit findings.
- Evaluate and analyse area audit findings and management improvement comments by assessing whether actions will result in improvement and by making recommendations.
- Ensure improvements on identified risks by engaging with business, understanding risks and by creating actions plans.
- Operationalize the Nedbank Group Risk Framework by ensuring that business unit level ERCO governance structure and charters are implemented, ensuring adequate risk reports generated, irks meetings held and risk processes aligned with group.
- Build and maintain relationships with stakeholders through attending meetings and utilizing networking opportunities.
- Share information and knowledge with stakeholders, peers and team by driving awareness campaigns.
- Build relationships by reporting risk issues and by providing risk related information to strategic committees as per the Group Risk Framework.
- Conduct gap analysis of bank representatives using the relevant guidelines and checklists to confirm compliance to bank standards and compliance to national legislation.
- Provide coaching and/or recommendations for corrective measures based on gap analysis; using root cause analysis techniques and effective feedback and coaching skills.
- Train/coach relevant internal stakeholders in business systems by following training guides and using approved support material.
Essential Qualifications – NQF Level
- Advanced Diplomas/National 1st Degrees
Risk Officer Job Vacancy at Nedbank
- Bachelor of Commerce Degree in Accounting, Internal Audit or Risk Management
- Institute of Risk Managers
- Member of Institute of Risk Management of South Africa and/or Compliance Institute of South Africa
Minimum Experience Level
5 years Banking experience and/or 3 years Operational risk experience
Technical / Professional Knowledge
- Cluster specific operations
- Communication Strategies
- Data analysis
- Governance, Risk and Controls
- Principles of financial management
- Principles of project management
- Relevant software and systems knowledge
- Research methodology
- Decision-making process
- Earning Trust
- Decision Making
- Work Standards
- Managing Work
Recommended: Read our Job Tips Here to enhance your Application
To apply for this job please visit jobs.nedbank.co.za.