Website Anglo American
Anglo American is a global mining company with a portfolio that spans diamonds, platinum, copper, iron ore & more.
Sales and Operations Execution Manager Job Vacancy at Anglo American
The purpose of the Marketing BU is to sustainably maximise cash flows from the marketing of Anglo American products and services. In support of this, we have set ourselves a target to deliver a considerable uplift in Value by 2023 and beyond.
The scope of the Sales and Operations Execution (S&OE) manager is to deploy a successful S&OE process in their specific commodity. Ensuring that the S&OE meetings take place, gathering the required inputs, updating the models and integrated plans, preparing for the meeting, facilitating and summarising them to drive decision making and prepare for the following weekly cycle respectively.
Building a strong integration between all aspects of supply and demand as well as with planning and execution between the monthly Sales and Operations Planning process and the weekly Sales and Operations Execution process through seamless integration and communication.
Keeping participants in the process on track and moving toward managing execution priorities, balancing short term demand and supply dynamics and changes and managing exceptions to the approved monthly Sales and Operations Plan (S&OP).
The Sales and Operations Execution (S&OE) Manager is responsible for managing the S&OE process across all areas of the PGM’s commodity team, that encompasses mining, processing, sales/trading regardless of geography. The role focuses on collaborating across the value chain, including third parties to deal with exceptions and rebalance demand and supply plans with minimal disruptions. The S&OE Manager is also responsible for preparing and facilitation the S&OE review by inviting participants, providing pre-read including analysis and recommendations prior to the meeting and complete actions after the review.
The core responsibilities of the Sales and Operations Execution Manager are:
- Lead the effort to implement and advocate Sales and Operations Execution Planning
- Spearhead the S&OE initiative and champion it across the commodity by being the main point of contact for all supply and demand related queries or discussions in the S&OE time horizon.
Prepare all aspects of the Sales and Operations Execution process including the review
- Update all the integrated S&OE models with the latest inputs received from my both the demand and supply sides of the commodity.
- Prepare and share a pre-read for the meeting which contains a list of agenda items and data that can inform decision making.
- Maintain a comprehensive view of demand, supply and financial aspects of supply chain operations and use it to identify short-term executional issues.
- Highlight ways that link tactical planning with granular execution (in case of significant deviations) to control operational costs and maximise revenue.
- Additionally, identify and highlight risks and opportunities to inform decision making in the S&OE meeting.
Facilitate the Sales and Operations Execution Review Meeting
- Facilitate the S&OE meeting in the form of a live working session, ensuring that all information is presented and discussed, all stakeholders are engaged, decisions are made and agreed upon, and execution plans are documented with owners and completion dates
Follow-up post Sales and Operations Execution Review Meeting
- Ensure that decisions from the meeting are communicated to critical stakeholders across various functions, departments, and teams to ensure that execution is taking place.
- Distribute the approved plan and actions
Support Sales and Operational Planning (S&OP)
- Take the output of S&OE to S&OP as key issues need to be escalated for decisions.
- Present the impact of cost, inventory or service identified from demand and supply reconciliation from S&OE in S&OP.
- Highlight the impact of change made in the production, processing, sales and purchasing plans during the S&OE process.
- Ensure timely decisions and executions via a closed loop between S&OP and S&OE.
Sustain the Sales and Operational Execution Process
- Ensure that the S&OE process is sustained to the intended level of maturity.
- Onboard newcomers from different functions on the process and engage them on the key expectations.
- Maintain tracking of attendees, action plan log, outcomes and summaries of the meeting.
- Share and reapply best practices with other Group ISOP, other commodity teams across different geographies.
Improve the Sales and Operations Execution Process
- Use analytical tools to understand areas for opportunity and change.
- Document current process and work with the Head of ISOP and Logistics on continuous improvement, challenges with the process and options to improve the process.
- Continuously seek feedback from stakeholders on the process, meeting effectiveness, metrics and subsequent activities to identify issues to resolve.
- Periodically conduct health checks on the process and outcome.
- Report metrics back to the Head of ISOP and Logistics and the team to identify progress and root causes.
Sales and Operations Execution Manager Job Vacancy at Anglo American
- Extensive understanding of PGM’s value chain from mining operations through to the end user.
- Experience in value chain or supply chain planning processes such as S&OP or IBP.
- Understanding of demand and supply planning in detail.
- Business and commercial acumen and knowledge of finance, sales, marketing, manufacturing, logistics and procurement functions.
- Understanding of financial aspects and trade off implications of the value chain.
- Analysis: Data gathering, quantitative and qualitative data analysis, including business process metrics, valuation of trade off decisions and measures linking to business KPIs.
- Technology: Insight into and experience with company systems, including the ones that are useful for short-term planning process.
- Facilitation: Ability to keep a meeting on track while engaging all stakeholders and driving to a set of decisions that can be executed in the business.
- Presentation: Create presentations for the S&OE planning horizon to communicate the process, concepts, data, scenarios and other critical information to drive teamwork and decision making.
Who we are
Anglo American is a global diversified mining business. Our portfolio of world-class mining operations provides the metals and minerals that make modern life possible. We use innovative practices and the latest technologies to discover new resources and mine, process, move and market our products to our customers around the world.
As a responsible miner – of diamonds (through De Beers), copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore, coal and nickel – we are the custodians of what are precious natural resources. We work together with our key partners and stakeholders to unlock the sustainable value that those resources represent for our shareholders, the communities and countries in which we operate and for society at large. Anglo American is re-imagining mining to improve people’s lives.
What we offer
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Amazing opportunities for learning and growth – from technical training to leadership programs, we bring out the best in our people
- We’re a large, successful multinational company and there are plenty of opportunities internally to move onwards and upwards too
Inclusion and Diversity
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
Ready to Apply ?
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.