Category Management Solutions
The sales playbook has changed. People who are in the buyer’s journey for solutions to real problems want to be authentically helped by trusted advisors – not harassed with solutions to problems they don’t have.
At DotActiv, we have adopted the inbound marketing and sales methodology and we are looking at expanding our Sales Consultant team to keep up with the leads. This role will require you to work remotely within South Africa, with a Cost to Company of between R10 000 and R25 000. There is also an additional incentive of a quarterly bonus when you exceed your sales target. Your annual revenue target is R500 000 to R1.2 million.
We’re looking for someone with a commitment to collaborative problem-solving, and the ability to build and maintain long-lasting relationships with leads by ensuring that buyers receive the best solutions at the correct time in their “buyers journey cycle”. Essentially, the role of the sales consultant is to convert marketing-generated leads into paying customers.
Who is DotActiv?
In order to explain who DotActiv is, it’s first important to explore the topic of category management. That’s because category management is a core part of our business and has been for the past 25 years.
The idea behind category management is straightforward: it’s the process used to manage product categories to deliver value to shoppers in a bid to increase both the sales and profit for a retailer. In short, it is the science behind how retailers decide on which products to stock as well as how to organise these products in-store so as to please their customers.
Our history dates back to 1991 when we launched as a Category Management consultancy. In 1997, we became the first company to establish a formalised and collaborative management process between a retailer and supplier when we signed Pick n Pay as a client.
That wasn’t our only first. In 2001, when we relaunched under the name of DotActiv, we became the first company to create a data-driven category management system.
The fact that we have since expanded and evolved that system means today, we have more than 1200 retail professionals using our planogram software in over 60+ countries.
More about DotActiv’s approach to sales
Inbound marketing is an approach focused on attracting customers through content and interactions that are relevant and helpful — not interruptive. With inbound marketing, potential customers find you through channels like blogs, search engines, and social media. Unlike outbound marketing, inbound marketing does not need to fight for potential customers attention.
By creating content designed to address the problems and needs of your ideal customers, inbound marketing attracts qualified prospects and builds trust and credibility for your business.
The Inbound Sales Methodology covers every step of the buyer’s journey from stranger to customer and each corresponding salesperson action. The new methodology acknowledges that Inbound Sales doesn’t just happen – you do it. And, you do it using tools that help you personalise the sales process to appeal to precisely the right leads, in the right places, at just the right time in their buying journey.
Now that you know what you can expect from us, it’s time to unpack what you can expect from this job.
As a Sales Consultant working at DotActiv, your responsibilities include:
- Identify – research marketing-generated leads that are currently active in their buyer’s journey.
- Connect – with a message personalised to the buyer’s context.
- Explore – explore goals or challenges to assess whether the offering is a good fit.
- Advise – advise prospects on why our offering is uniquely positioned to address their context.
What we expect from you
As you may have already read, we’re on the lookout for Sales and Marketing Consultants responsible for building long-lasting relationships with our current and potential clients.
To be able to achieve this, you’ll need specific skills. We’ve broken these into three parts; knowledge and computer skills, soft skills, and education skills.
Knowledge and Computer Skills
- Knowledge of the principles of retail, business development & sales;
- Knowledge of the principles of category management (Category management toolsets);
- Solution selling;
- General business acumen;
- Product knowledge and product ranges;
- Intermediate MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Intermediate MS Project or similar solution;
- Google G-Suite/Google Docs for business;
- Computer packages & systems currently in use by the company;
- Managing projects.
To thrive in this position, you will need to have the following character traits:
- Coachability – ability to understand feedback and change behaviour based on it.
- Curiosity – ability and desire to ask probing questions;
- Prior success – either sales results or ambition / drive at one’s endeavours;
- Intelligence – ability to become a subject matter expert;
- Work ethic – willingness to put in the effort to succeed.
Along with this comes the need for:
- Excellent written communication skills;
- Excellent oral communication skills;
- Excellent presentation skills;
- Excellent client relationship building skills;
- High capacity to represent the brand;
- High degree of client engagement;
- Ability to multitask;
- Remain attentive in an often-busy environment;
- Be naturally calm and focused;
- Technology passion, proficiency and agility;
- Be versatile if participation in other types of activity is required
- Relevant business experience, preferably within a retail environment, with specific reference to business development and sales. 1 to 3 years of proven experience in dealing with customer expectations and solving customer problems within a client-facing environment;
- Grade 12 as per the national senior certificate requirements (Umalusi endorsed);
- A good understanding of English (You must be able to speak, read and write at a business proficiency level).
Advantageous education skills but not a must:
- A relevant B-Degree (M+3) or (Honours) (M+4) at a recognised and SAQA accredited university;
- Ability to understand another language, specifically Spanish, Portuguese, French or another widely spoken language.
Too often, we’ve come across job offers that focus first on what they expect from their applicants without thinking about the person who intends to apply. That’s not what you’ll find with DotActiv. As our visions clearly state, we aim to exceed the expectations of our staff.
Here’s what you can expect from DotActiv as a Sales Consultant:
- You’ll receive a Cost to Company of between R10k and R25k, depending on your qualifications and experience;
- You’ll have the potential to earn an additional quarterly bonus on top of your CTC which is based on whether you exceed your target;
- You’ll be working remotely and most of your interactions will be completed online;
- You will also be required to work in ONE of the following time zones:
- Pacific Standard Time = 16:00pm – 1:00 am (SA Time)
- SA Time (GMT + 2) = 8 am – 17:00 pm
- Australian Time = 12 pm – 9 am (SA Time)
*These shifts may be subject to change given the needs of the business.
- To ensure you are successful we will provide you with:
- A minimum number of leads each month. (Leads can be defined as people who represent retailers and suppliers from around the world who have indicated an interest in our solutions by downloading content, requesting information, demos or proposals from us);
- Product and inbound sales training; and
- Best-in-class sales enablement tools.
If you’re interested in finding out more about DotActiv’s culture, this piece is worth a read.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.workable.com.