- Full Time
Website Silverleaf Academy Limited
Silverleaf Academy was founded on the belief that good quality education should be available to all.
Organization: Silverleaf Academy Ltd, Tanzania
Location: Silverleaf Academy Usa River Campus, Tanzania
Position: School Assistant
Contract Type: Full Time
Contract Duration: 1 year
Line Manager: Head Teacher
Direct Reports: None
Working Hours: 07:30-17:30, Monday to Friday and some Saturdays
Silverleaf Academy is a chain of affordable private pre-primary and primary schools, educating
children aged 2-14. Our mission is to provide lower-middle income urban families with highest
quality learning at the most affordable levels. Using the national Tanzanian curriculum, Silverleaf
schools deploy an inclusive, tech-supported curriculum inside every classroom, and adopt an
innovative team-teaching approach and in-service training program. Our schools are specifically
designed to build both student academic competencies and wider life, leadership and learning skills.
It is our promise to our students and their parents that Silverleaf students will not leave school
without full mastery of the basic skills of writing, reading and math, while also being prepared for a
world where critical thinking, team collaboration, and entrepreneurship are paramount. Silverleaf
Academy believes that quality education should be accessible to every child.
Silverleaf currently has one fully operational campus in Usa River serving approximately 380
pre-primary to standard 7 students. By the end of 2024, the target is to grow the Usa River campus
to 900 daycare up to standard 7 students. In addition, the organization will set the foundation for
acquisition of two new campuses serving a further 500 students by 2025. For this rapid growth and
scaling phase, the organization requires a team of senior managers and experts to develop and codify
“The Silverleaf Standard” – a framework for delivery of exceptional teaching and learning across the
Silverleaf Academy network in lower-middle income urban and peri-urban contexts in Tanzania. This
will initially use the Usa River campus as a flagship school and testing ground from which to launch.
The main purpose of School Assistant is to be the main point of customer contact between parents
and the school.
1. Greet and welcome visitors, students, and parents in a friendly and professional manner.
2. Answer and direct incoming calls to the appropriate personnel or department.
3. Manage the front desk area, ensuring it is tidy, organized, and well-maintained.
4. Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of the academy’s programs, services, and activities to
provide accurate information to visitors.
5. Handle incoming and outgoing mail, packages, and deliveries efficiently.
6. Assist with scheduling appointments and managing calendars for faculty and staff.
7. Register new students and maintain updated student records in the database.
8. Coordinate with various departments to ensure smooth communication and operations.
9. Provide administrative support, including typing, filing, and data entry tasks.
10. Handle general inquiries and address concerns or complaints professionally and promptly.
1. Average wait time for visitors at the front desk.
2. Number of successfully routed calls to the correct personnel or department.
3. Accuracy and completeness of student records and registration information.
4. Customer satisfaction ratings based on feedback from visitors, parents, and staff.
5. Timeliness and effectiveness in providing administrative support to faculty and staff.
School Assistant Job Vacancy at Silverleaf Academy Limited
High school diploma or equivalent; additional education or certification in office
administration is a plus.
Proven experience as an Assistant or in a related customer service role.
Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written, with a courteous and professional
Fluency in written and spoken English and Kiswahili
Strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask efficiently.
Proficiency in using office equipment such as phone systems, computers, and printers.
Familiarity with office software (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite) and the ability to learn new
A proactive and helpful attitude, with the ability to work both independently and as part of a
Strong attention to detail to ensure accurate data entry and record-keeping.
Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information with discretion.
Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and a dynamic work environment.
An essential part of the Silverleaf model is adherence to the core values of the organization. These
values are ingrained in our approach and extend to staff, students, parents and partners alike. They
are used throughout organizational processes and decision-making to guide what we do. For staff,
adherence to these values is mandatory and forms the cornerstone of performance reviews.
1. Lead the Way – Demonstrate the principles of servant leadership by practicing empathy,
considering needs of others, and setting a good example for peers in your community.
2. Build for the Future – Look beyond today and equip yourself with the skills, attitudes and
tools required to be a socially responsible global citizen in the world of tomorrow.
3. Ask Why and Why Not – Think critically and use evidence to support your decisions, to find
proactive ways to challenge what is possible and to innovate for positive changes.
4. Speak, Listen, and Learn – Work together by sharing your ideas in an organized way, listening
to the views of others, and considering different perspectives and angles.
5. Unwavering Mission Focus – Set clear goals and be disciplined, diligent and determined in
achieving them to the very best of your ability, regardless of the obstacles that may arise
How to Apply:
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline 20th November.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com