Website Silverleaf Academy Limited
Silverleaf Academy was founded on the belief that good quality education should be available to all.
Organization: Silverleaf Academy Ltd, Tanzania
Location: Silverleaf Academy Usa River Campus, Tanzania
Position: School Manager
Contract Type: Full Time
Contract Duration: 2 years
Line Manager: Managing Director
Direct Reports: Head Teacher, Operations Manager, School Bursar
Silverleaf Academy is a chain of affordable private pre-primary and primary schools in Tanzania educating children aged 2-14. Our mission is to provide lower-middle-income families in Tanzania with highest quality learning at the most affordable levels. Using the national Tanzanian curriculum, Silverleaf schools deploy an inclusive, tech-supported curriculum inside every classroom, and adopt an innovative team-teaching approach and in-service training program. Our schools are specifically designed to build both student academic competencies and wider life, leadership and learning skills. It is our promise to our students and their parents that Silverleaf students will not leave school without full mastery of the basic skills of writing, reading and math, while also being prepared for a world where critical thinking, team collaboration, and entrepreneurship are paramount. Silverleaf currently has one fully operational campus in Usa River serving approximately 400 pre-primary to standard 7 students. By January 2025, the target is to grow the Usa River campus to over 1,000 daycare up to standard 7 students. In addition, the organization will set the foundation for acquisition of two new campuses serving a further 500 students by January 2025.
The main purpose of the School Manager is to develop the Silverleaf Usa River campus into a viable and top performing school in the Region. It will be the role of the School Manager to oversee all educational and operational activities on the campus and to ensure that the school is performing as a private business entity. The ultimate aim is to ensure that students leave the school both with exceptional academic results, but also life, leadership and learning skills as they progress to secondary schools. The School Manager will be pivotal in overseeing finance, marketing, compliance, human resources and operations of the school as a single entity. They will head the school management structure, providing expert leadership, guidance and support through the school management team(s) in generating exceptional education and co-curricular outcomes.
Key Performance indicators
- Safety, Discipline, and Student Well-being: Incidents of safety or disciplinary issues and student well-being assessments.
- Student Academic Performance and Growth: Percentage of students meeting or exceeding academic benchmarks and year-over-year growth.
- Business Management and Financial Oversight: Efficient management of school resources, adherence to budgets, and financial reporting accuracy.
- Teacher Development and Classroom Environment: Participation and feedback in professional development programs and classroom environment scores.
- School Performance and Improvement: Development and achievement of school-specific strategic projects and goals.
- Overseeing all school operations and business functions of the school to ensure viability and profitability of the school
- Introducing systems, procedures and trainings to maximise student and parent experiences through the school
- Line managing and performance managing members of the school management team to generate exceptional academic and operational outcomes
- Developing and integrating robust systems, processes and protocols for managing school functions and operations
- Ensure strict internal and external compliance through financial, human resource and legal management
- Liaising with company level marketing, education and partnerships coordinators to ensure maximum positive impact to the school
- Leading the school in talent acquisition, capacity building and performance management of staff
- Public and government relations to raise the profile of the school and the Silverleaf Academy brand as a whole
- Monitoring and reporting on progress of education and co-curricular outcomes and impacts
- Codifying and documenting best possible systems for roll out to multiple schools
School Manager Job Vacancy at Silverleaf Academy Limited
Skills and Attributes
- Minimum of Bachelors in Business Administration, Finance or related field
- At least five (5) years’ experience in enterprise management in a Tanzanian context, ideally with exeperience in Tanzanian state or private education systems
- Excellent leadership capacity, relationship building expertise and teamworking skills
- Robust financial literacy and business administration competencies
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Kiswahili
- Computer literacy and adaptability
- Desire to learn, innovate and build robust and impactful systems and processes
- Comfortable with using initiative and meeting targets in a in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for generating exceptional outcomes for young people in Tanzania
An essential part of the Silverleaf model is adherence to the core values of the organisation. These values are ingrained in our approach and extend to staff, students, parents and partners alike. For staff, adherence to these values is mandatory and forms the cornerstone of performance reviews.
- Lead the Way – Demonstrate the principles of servant leadership by practicing empathy, considering needs of others, and setting a good example for peers in your community.
- Speak, Listen, and Learn – Work together by sharing your ideas in an organized way, listening to the views of others, and considering different perspectives and angles.
- Ask Why and Why Not – Think critically and use evidence to support your decisions, to find proactive ways to challenge what is possible and to innovate for positive changes.
- Build for the Future – Look beyond today and equip yourself with the skills, attitudes and tools required to be a socially responsible global citizen in the world of tomorrow.
- Unwavering Mission Focus – Set clear goals and be disciplined, diligent and determined in achieving them to the very best of your ability, regardless of the obstacles that may arise.How to Apply:
Please send your Cv and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com