Website African Union
The African Union is a continental union consisting of 55 member states located on the continent of Africa.
Senior Administration Officer Officer (AfCFTA) Job Vacancy at African Union
Date: Mar 10, 2023
Location: Ghana, Ghana
Organization: African Union
• Respect for Diversity and TeamWork • Think Africa Above all
• Transparency and Accountability • Integrity and Impartiality
• Efficiency and Professionalism • Information and Knowledge Sharing
Reports to: Head of Administration and Human Resources Management
Directorate/Department/Organ: Administration and Human Resources Management (AfCFTA)
Number of Direct Reports: 19
Number of Indirect Reports: 3
Job Grade: P3
Number of Positions: 1
Contract Type: Regular
Location: Accra, Ghana
Purpose of Job
Assists in the management and supervision of the Administrative services activities of the AfCFTA Secretariat to ensure delivery of results within proposed, Rules, Regulations, budget and timeframe.
• Provide technical and intellectual support and guidance in the management of various administration activities related to the area of work.
• Manage the Secretariat of the Board of survey and others administrative bodies
• Design AfCFTA Secretariat a comprehensive Administrative Services policies
• Develop and implement comprehensive AfCFTA record policy and SOP
• Monitor and Evaluate the implementation of the various Administration activities
• Ensure the provision of resources (human, material and services) necessary to support the day-to-day activities of the staff in the office
• Manage the day-to-day personnel and administrative operations of the Office
• Ensure that the working environment is healthy and respectful, and free from hazard or security risks
• In coordination with Human Resources undertake periodic reviews to ensure that the Office premises are set up
• Review administrative arrangements and make appropriate recommendations as required
• Formulate and implement staff safety and security measures, in consultation with the Security Officers (SOs)
• Liaise with Government and other external actors in providing vital supportive services (i.e. processing of visas; tax exemptions, etc.)
• Attend inter-agency meetings with other UN agencies with specific focus on general administration, staff safety and human resources issues (i.e. common services)
• Participate in recruitment, appointments and administrative formalities concerning local staff
• Review and approve the settlement of employee entitlements including DSA, local salaries and the Medical Insurance Plan (MIP)
• Advise on matters pertaining to administrative and staffing requirements in the Division
• In cooperation with HR, endorse staffing management strategies, and ensure local compliance with AU’s workplace standards
• Coordinate training and capacity-building activities to staff in administrative related areas
• Control and check the monthly accounts and various administrative activities
• Ensure that appropriate internal controls are in place
• Award, issue and terminate (local) contracts and frame agreements in accordance with delegated authorities and AU’s regulations, rules and procedures
• Serve as a member of the Local Contracts Committee (LCC) in accordance with delegated authorities
• Enforce compliance with AU’s financial and administrative rules, policies and instructions
• And perform all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Manage and participate in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, and priorities for assigned programs; and administer policies and procedures.
Senior Administration Officer (AfCFTA) Job Vacancy at African Union
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
A University Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Administrative Management, Project Management or related fields with 7 years of progressively responsible experience
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Administrative Management, Project Management or related fields with 10 years of progressively responsible experience out of which 3 years are at a supervisory level in a similar international organization.
• A demonstrated ability to initiate and promote collaborative approaches and implementing joint activities;
• Ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relations both internally and externally in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment, with sensitivity and respect for diversity, including gender balance
• Ability to assist in developing clear program goals, plans and actions that are consistent with agreed strategies and to appropriately delegate, monitor and adjust these plans and actions
• Ability to produce clear and professional reports
• Proficiency in one of the AU officials working languages (Arabic, English, French, Kiswahili, Portuguese and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage;
TENURE OF APPOINTMENT:
The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
Indicative basic salary of US$ 37,453.00 (P3 Step1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment (57% of basic salary), a Housing allowance of US$ 21,832.68 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff.
Applications must be made not later than April 10, 2023
Only candidates who have met all the requirements of the post and have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Only applications registered online with a complete curriculum vitae (CV) attached will be considered.
The Africa Union is an equal opportunity employer and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Requisition ID: 1687
To apply for this job please visit jobs.au.int.