Website CRDB Bank Plc
The Bank that Listens
JOB REPORTING TO: MANAGER CONTROL & GOVERNANCE ASSURANCE
The job purpose is to assist the Manager Control & Governance Assurance and the whole team of Governance Assurance in managing the Bank’s internal controls (i.e., Policies and Procedures, Develop, Review, Distribution & Monitor implementation) and be able to assure management of the implementation of risk issues raised through various reviews in line with the overall risk management framework.
- Review all bank’s policies, procedures, frameworks, and charters to ensure adequate control and compliance to regulations is incorporated in the Bank’s processes and as part of quality assurance to ensure that they are aligned with market best practice and statutory requirements; and ascertain that all the risks associated with the processes and their risk mitigations/controls are well captured.
- Review and/or Development of the Group/Subsidiaries’ Management and Board Charters
- Support Manager Governance and Control Assurance in the execution of the combined assurance program
- Develop and review operational procedures for new and existing products, systems and/or processes for the parent company and its subsidiaries.
- Track control issues from Internal Bank Risk Reviews and ensure that closure of those identified control issues is done on time according to the set target line,
- Perform periodic thematic analysis on enterprise control issues to identify relationships on issues raised to support future reduction/ elimination of re-occurrence.
- Ensure Risk Owners adhere to the control issues management framework in the extension and management of control issues.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports on the implementation status of the recommendations/directives from all reviews.
- Ensure that all inherent process risks are identified, and mitigating controls or action plans are in place to mitigate the risks identified.
- Prepare Governance analysis report for Risk Management Committee meeting.
- Ensure all policies and procedures are uploaded to the intranet for access by all staff.
- Train end users of the bank procedures to ensure that they understand and utilize them in their operations.
- Provide instant support to all end users experiencing difficulties adapting to the new procedures or systems to ensure smooth operations.
- Prepare a report on the reviewed Policies and Procedures status update for the Risk Management Committee meeting.
- Train bank staff on risk management principles, challenges, and their role as process owners to ensure risk management culture is inculcated among all staff in the bank.
- Perform any other risk identification, measurement, monitoring, and control as may be directed by Manager Control & Governance Assurance
Senior Control & Governance Assurance Officer Job Vacancy at CRDB Bank Plc
EDUCATION EXPERIENCE KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s Degree in Banking, Finance, Accounting, Risk Management, Economics, or any other business-related fields
- Relevant Professional courses such as CPB, CIA, ACCA, and CPA will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience, at least 2 years in external or internal audit or risk management.
- Have a sound and demonstrated understanding of banking operations.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Knowledgeable of risk identification and assessment
- Good communication, interpersonal and presentational skills
- Flexible, honest, and highly committed
- Poses a high level of integrity and can work with minimal supervision.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office tools (i.e., excel, word and PowerPoint)